In every situation personally, professionally and even within pop culture, I am always looking for the lesson. The lesson that helps whatever we go through to make sense, the one that helps us to look at the big picture, learn from it and grow from it.
Since, this Donald Sterling and V. Stiviano situation is still being revealed in real time, the lessons will also continue to be revealed as well. But here are a few learning nuggets and reminders that I have so far:
• Be careful about who you allow to get close to you. The more access you give the wrong people, the more they can bring you down. Everything that glitters ain’t gold.
• Don’t let lust influence your life decisions.
• Never underestimate a woman.
• Never underestimate someone’s intelligence. That will only make you the fool in the long run.
• If you put people down long enough, eventually the iron fist you rule with will turn against you. Karma is still a female dog! Mistresses, you need to keep that one in mind too!
These are my observations from this situation so far. What are yours?
Deya “Direct” Smith is the Go-to-Girlfriend, Lifestyle & Love Coach, Media Maven, Author & Inspirational Speaker. She is also lead producer on the Tom Joyner Morning Show and host of Girlfriend FM & Beyond the Studio celebrity interviews. This best-selling author of “Touch Yourself, 30 Ways to Live, Love and Let Go!” (www.touchmebooks.com) can be found on www.DeyaDirect.net & on Twitter & Instagram @Deyadirect.