“Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Porsha Williams (pictured far left), who is reportedly in deep trouble for attacking co-star Kenya Moore (pictured far right) during the show’s reunion taping last month, has now publicly apologized for the much buzzed about violent altercation, according to US Weekly.
During the show’s taping, Williams, who is the youngest cast member, was seated one person away from Moore on a couch. Whenever Moore spoke about Williams, she would wave a scepter in her direction and then resort to using a blowhorn to debase and provoke her.
Eventually, Williams is seen reaching what seems to be her wit’s end and lunging at the former Miss USA. The 33-year-old Georgia socialite then grabs Moore by her flowing locks and drags her across the floor in a melee that lasted about 10 seconds.
After the set calms down, cast members are seen coming to Williams’ defense as they try to calm and coddle her. Williams, who appears hysterical after the attack, is seen shaking and repeatedly uttering how embarrassed she is over what had taken place.
Moore, on the other hand, appeared unharmed and demanded that Williams be fired and police be summoned over the attack. Williams was booked on a misdemeanor battery charge.
Williams has now decided to offer a public apology for the incident that took place involving Moore, but oddly, does not mention the ex-beauty queen at all. She also alleges that her former husband, famed ex-NFL-player-turned-sports-announcer Kordell Stewart physically and mentally abused her during their short but explosive union. The singer and actress gave US Weekly her mea culpa:
“I suffered severe bullying since I was a child, to the extent of contemplating suicide and was also physically and mentally abused in my marriage. Throughout the season on ‘Real Housewives’ I was manipulated and bullied and at the reunion taping when emotions were heightened. I was pushed too far with objects waved in my face and my personal space was continuously violated, and I reacted in a way which I am not proud of. Violence is not the answer and I want to apologize to my fans, the viewers, and the other ladies for my behavior. For the thousands of supporters that have stuck by me, I thank you immensely and encourage you to donate to shelters for abused woman and support charities that stop bullying. As I mentioned on the show, I am embarrassed of my reaction and the way that I handled the provocation and I am dedicated to helping others learn appropriate ways to cope with bullies and abusers, and from this experience, I hope to continue on a path of personal and spiritual growth.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31