“Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Porsha Williams (pictured far left), who is reportedly in deep trouble for attacking co-star Kenya Moore (pictured far right) during the show’s reunion taping last month, has now publicly apologized for the much buzzed about violent altercation, according to US Weekly.
During the show’s taping, Williams, who is the youngest cast member, was seated one person away from Moore on a couch. Whenever Moore spoke about Williams, she would wave a scepter in her direction and then resort to using a blowhorn to debase and provoke her.
Eventually, Williams is seen reaching what seems to be her wit’s end and lunging at the former Miss USA. The 33-year-old Georgia socialite then grabs Moore by her flowing locks and drags her across the floor in a melee that lasted about 10 seconds.
After the set calms down, cast members are seen coming to Williams’ defense as they try to calm and coddle her. Williams, who appears hysterical after the attack, is seen shaking and repeatedly uttering how embarrassed she is over what had taken place.
Moore, on the other hand, appeared unharmed and demanded that Williams be fired and police be summoned over the attack. Williams was booked on a misdemeanor battery charge.
Williams has now decided to offer a public apology for the incident that took place involving Moore, but oddly, does not mention the ex-beauty queen at all. She also alleges that her former husband, famed ex-NFL-player-turned-sports-announcer Kordell Stewart physically and mentally abused her during their short but explosive union. The singer and actress gave US Weekly her mea culpa:
“I suffered severe bullying since I was a child, to the extent of contemplating suicide and was also physically and mentally abused in my marriage. Throughout the season on ‘Real Housewives’ I was manipulated and bullied and at the reunion taping when emotions were heightened. I was pushed too far with objects waved in my face and my personal space was continuously violated, and I reacted in a way which I am not proud of. Violence is not the answer and I want to apologize to my fans, the viewers, and the other ladies for my behavior. For the thousands of supporters that have stuck by me, I thank you immensely and encourage you to donate to shelters for abused woman and support charities that stop bullying. As I mentioned on the show, I am embarrassed of my reaction and the way that I handled the provocation and I am dedicated to helping others learn appropriate ways to cope with bullies and abusers, and from this experience, I hope to continue on a path of personal and spiritual growth.”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25