Cue another episode of “RHOA” drama!

Yesterday, while promoting her new single, Porsha Williams stopped by “Access Hollywood” and revealed that her marriage to Kordell Stewart was riddled with physical abuse.

On how “Flatline” mirrors her real life:

The video [“Flatline”] does touch on domestic violence and some abuse I encountered in my marriage. It’s not exact to what I went through, because, honestly, what I went through was a little bit worse in some instances.

When asked what happened in her marriage and if Kordell hit her:

Abuse. Physical abuse. Yeah. There were several different occasions that this happened. When you’re in an abusive situation, it kind of just builds, and it starts to get worse and worse. And people ask me, ‘why didn’t you tell anybody or call the police?’ or what have you. I just thought that I could make it better. I honestly thought after each situation that I would change this or I would change that, and therefore the outcome wouldn’t be the same. It doesn’t work like that. I’m still realizing now that a lot of what happened, it wasn’t my fault.

On if Kordell ever admitted that he physically abused her during the divorce proceedings:

When we were going through the divorce process, we had to sit in deposition hearing, and he didn’t deny it. A lot of women who are in situations like I was in, I wanted to make it better. I was praying every day. I was cooking. I was smiling. The outside appearance was as if nothing was happening. Even though you’re being abused, you still love that person, you’re just trying to love them through it. And you’re trying to pray them through it and you’re not realizing that you can’t change a person, they have to change themselves.

I never went to the hospital. I never reported anything. There were [visible injuries], but I’ll tell you the ones that have stuck with me the most is the mental abuse. I had so much pride in being a wife and being a mother and what that meant to me was big. So for me to be told I was lazy, and that I was stupid and that I wasn’t good enough and that nothing I could do was right, that was really, really hard for me…When someone is constantly ridiculing you, I’m always trying to live up to what that person thinks of me, it’s hard.

Since the interview aired, Kordell reached out to Access Hollywood and claims he’s never, ever put his hands on Porsha. He issued a statement later today that read:

“I married my wife because she was a Godly woman who had accepted her calling as a minister. The bright lights made Porsha lose her way. I no longer know the person she has become. I hope and pray she can turn her life around soon. I loved my wife, supported her and invested in her success. As a reminder, I divorced her. At no time has there been any findings against me, during or before the divorce proceedings, to indicate anything less than a loving and supportive husband. I’m focused on raising my son and being a single dad. That is a big enough job, without having to continue to respond to her false claims and foolishness. It seems she is willing to do anything to try and keep herself relevant. I have moved forward in my life and I hope she can move forward and stop bringing me back into her life. I was done over 14 months ago with our relationship and marriage.”

Who do you believe? Is Porsha trying to stay relevant? How come none of this was revealed during her first season of RHOA?

Like on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.

(Photo Source:PR Photos)

18 thoughts on “CONFESSION: Porsha Williams Says Ex-Husband Was Abusive, Kordell Responds [UPDATE]

1. Brooklyn45 on said:

Will somebody please tell Porsha that (1) unfortunately, many people, not just her, end up divorced; (2) it hurts like hell even if you’re the one who initiated it; and (3) life goes on.

2. I so believe Kordell. I always did. She was soooo in love with this man, yet at every opportunity, she maligns him, discredits his manhood, and reputation, now this physical stuff. Honestly, if it were true, she would have been the first one at the police station. she never did anything but say loving things about him…when she really didn’t have to. she had no children. she could have walked away from that marriage a long time ago…but she didn’t….because NONE of this happened. She was a ditsy young chick who didn’t know how to deal with a mature and focused man. Portia, don’t you see….YOU”RE the only one that keeps all this sh*t going. We haven’t heard one negative thing from Kordell. Why is that???? Now, you’re trying to get, yet, another rise out of him by saying he was abusive. first he was controlling, then he was gay, now he was abusive. It all that were true…who’s the REAL fool here…NOT Kordell. He’s the one that asked for the divorce. Don’t you think that looks a little suspicious??? Portia….go somewhere, enroll in school ’cause god knows you need more education….cut back on the spending cause you don’t have a whole lot to play with…and finally….please REFRAIN from mentioning Kordell’s name EVER AGAIN. Its only making YOU look more stupid than you already are. For that….we all thank you.

3. NiKki Thomas on said:

I believe Kordell in this case, here is the Porsha Williams he THOUGHT he was marrying:
    I think Kordell was very supportive of her and he tried to make things work but after he learned she was shallow and empty, this man was trying to protect her by what others called controlling. As long as she continues to lie on this man and attack his character nothing is good is going to come of her, she is spinning out of control. Plus, you don’t play with God saying you are an Evangelist and out preaching then a few days later you are in club, cursing and living the life of a loose woman (and I don’t mean Woman Thou Art Loosed either). Porsha have a seat _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

4. Someone pleeeeze stop that poor child from further embarrassing herself. Other sites have started naming her “por-shit” because she is full of it. She is really showing how much of a dingy broad she actually is. I think it’s time for her to take a seat…in a classroom..bloop !

5. Portia is not the only woman in the world who has gone through a divorce. It is time for her to let it go and stop talking about it. She was not married to Cordell that long and had no kids with him for her to feel that she has the market on being traumatized. She needs to get professional help on whatever is her real problem and stay off television. Her story is long over and nobody wants to hear another word about her past relationship. It’s over.

6. dont believe her first she said he was gay that didnt work,,, now he abusve.. right… coming from someone who attacked another woman who never put her hands on her…Bye!!!

7. Sharon Jones on said:

Porsha, is reaching for straws NOW! PORSHA, you have been going 900% from day 1. You blame everyone except Porsha!

8. I think she is trying to use abuse from Kordell as an excuse for attacking Kenya. Her defense will be she thought the abuse was happening all with Kenya. She is not above lying to try and save herself.

9. Ruth O'hara on said:

When you’re dealing with the mental, emotional and physical fall out of a broken marriage, you are trying to understand what just happened to you, what did every aspect of your relationship mean. As you talk with people about it, you’re still in survival/anger/processing mode. This can go on for years. With time can come more clarity, or history gets rewritten in their minds. I don’t care for her, I think she’s shallow. However, she’s allowed to speak her truth just like anybody else.

10. Camella Jenkins on said:

This girl is a train wreck! She’s so two faced, double minded and has verbally abused him and attacked his character by saying he’s gay, she said that several times. She tried to publicly humiliate and destroy him with slander. Like the rest of them she’s hungry for attention/stardom. The girl is a big mouth drama queen spoiled brat dummy!

11. Camella Jenkins on said:

This girl is all over the place and lies through her teeth, she will do and say anything to stay in the media! Kordell was just saying how he felt embarrassed by her wild behavior aka temper tantrums which is why I asked why would he care about what his crazy ex-wife say or does and she turns around and bite him in the azz once again. RHOA and husband are MEDIA WHORE HOUNDS