Alexsandra Wright, the Mom of Beyoncé’s 4-year-old half-brother, Nixon Alexander Knowles, admitted publicly that she and her son are struggling to keep a roof over their heads. Beyoncé’s dad, Matthew Knowles, who fathered Nixon, is allegedly the culprit behind Wright’s financial struggles. Wright has publicly blamed Knowles for a lack of support, which has supposedly resulted in her moving from a three-bedroom house and relocating to a trailer park. Now Wright, however, is being reportedly deluged with death threats because many of Beyoncé’s overzealous fans believe she is blaming the iconic singer for her current substandard living conditions. Wright decided to open up to “Inside Edition” in order to clear up some very dangerous misconceptions.
Wright, who starred in the now-defunct NBC hit show “Scrubs,” only publicly admitted last February that she and her son, whom Beyoncé has never met, were forced to seek welfare assistance, including food stamps, in order to get by day-to-day. TMZ alleges that Knowles was mandated by a California court to pay the Mother of his child $12,000 a month in child support. Knowles, a 61-year-old record executive who married a 48-year-old woman last July, reportedly became delinquent in his support payments because he says his income has taken a dive since he no longer manages his superstar daughter.
Wright and Knowles had been back and forth in court trying to iron out child support issues, and a few weeks ago, a judge finally reduced the monetary obligation to a reported $2,485 per month.
The judge, who approved the new set of monthly child support payments, also granted Knowles a credit for overpayments, which translates into Wright not receiving a dime from him for the next three and a half years.
Meanwhile Wright, who has been reportedly receiving $300 a month in food stamps, managed to move in to her trailer thanks to some help from a homeless support group outside of Los Angeles.
In addition to money woes, Wright has been getting death threats, and she claims they have been coming in by the droves to the tune of at least 1,000 per week. The performer is attributing the threats to an article that stated she allegedly blamed Beyoncé for her plight. Wright, who had an affair with Knowles while he was still married to Beyoncé’s mom Tina for 31 years, is allegedly deathly afraid of the threats.
Wright wants to make it clear that she does not blame Beyoncé for her money problems, telling “Inside Edition,” “It’s not Beyoncé’s fault. I don’t hold her accountable. I hold the Father of my child accountable,” she said before adding, “I got over a thousand death threats last week alone, because this article said I blamed Beyonce. And again, let me say for the record, It’s not her fault. I’ve never blamed her. I want the best for her.”
Watch Wright’s “Inside Edition” interview in the video.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25