Alexsandra Wright, the Mom of Beyoncé’s 4-year-old half-brother, Nixon Alexander Knowles, admitted publicly that she and her son are struggling to keep a roof over their heads. Beyoncé’s dad, Matthew Knowles, who fathered Nixon, is allegedly the culprit behind Wright’s financial struggles. Wright has publicly blamed Knowles for a lack of support, which has supposedly resulted in her moving from a three-bedroom house and relocating to a trailer park. Now Wright, however, is being reportedly deluged with death threats because many of Beyoncé’s overzealous fans believe she is blaming the iconic singer for her current substandard living conditions. Wright decided to open up to “Inside Edition” in order to clear up some very dangerous misconceptions.
Wright, who starred in the now-defunct NBC hit show “Scrubs,” only publicly admitted last February that she and her son, whom Beyoncé has never met, were forced to seek welfare assistance, including food stamps, in order to get by day-to-day. TMZ alleges that Knowles was mandated by a California court to pay the Mother of his child $12,000 a month in child support. Knowles, a 61-year-old record executive who married a 48-year-old woman last July, reportedly became delinquent in his support payments because he says his income has taken a dive since he no longer manages his superstar daughter.
Wright and Knowles had been back and forth in court trying to iron out child support issues, and a few weeks ago, a judge finally reduced the monetary obligation to a reported $2,485 per month.
The judge, who approved the new set of monthly child support payments, also granted Knowles a credit for overpayments, which translates into Wright not receiving a dime from him for the next three and a half years.
Meanwhile Wright, who has been reportedly receiving $300 a month in food stamps, managed to move in to her trailer thanks to some help from a homeless support group outside of Los Angeles.
In addition to money woes, Wright has been getting death threats, and she claims they have been coming in by the droves to the tune of at least 1,000 per week. The performer is attributing the threats to an article that stated she allegedly blamed Beyoncé for her plight. Wright, who had an affair with Knowles while he was still married to Beyoncé’s mom Tina for 31 years, is allegedly deathly afraid of the threats.
Wright wants to make it clear that she does not blame Beyoncé for her money problems, telling “Inside Edition,” “It’s not Beyoncé’s fault. I don’t hold her accountable. I hold the Father of my child accountable,” she said before adding, “I got over a thousand death threats last week alone, because this article said I blamed Beyonce. And again, let me say for the record, It’s not her fault. I’ve never blamed her. I want the best for her.”
Watch Wright’s “Inside Edition” interview in the video.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/7-10/14)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Nite | to the tune of @cnn 😞
1 of 25
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.
16 of 25
17. On set of #beingmaryjane like... ❤️😬💃🏾
17 of 25
18. #carouselofhope@yvetteshelton100@makeupbylatrice @thestacetheface@marialuciahohan24
18 of 25
19. I refuse to let a little cold stop me from my daily routines to greatness. #onlythestrongsurvive #warriors
19 of 25
20. Big things begin with big THINKING... #BusinessEthics #SetLife 🎥
20 of 25
21. Goodnight - here's a song
21 of 25
22. Words can't explain the feeling that I have right now.....God is good. look momma I made it. #Harts #Blessed #WhatNow #comedicrockstarshit #4DaysAway
22 of 25
23. I tried to get a better video with out the nasty bib but she started getting mad at me..lol! Big cuz @the_queen_caitlin trying to show her what to do. #MamasToots #HeirBear👑💜
23 of 25
24. Gorgeous Serena joined Beyoncé in Formation last night on stage in New Jersey!!!
24 of 25
25. 😜 @lifeofdesiigner & @rockohill
25 of 25