Columbus Short will not be returning to Scandal for season 4, Short has confirmed. In a statement to Essence.com, Short says his character, Harrison Wright, who was left at gunpoint during the season 3 finale will not return.

“At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I’ve called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today,” he wrote.

“I would like to first thank Shonda Rhimes for the opportunity to work with such an amazing cast. Thank you GLADIATORS, who have supported me throughout my entire career and of course to ABC and Shondaland for allowing me to play such a pivotal role in the Scandal series. I have enjoyed every single minute of it.”

This marks a sad end to the actor’s run on the show, as his character coined the term ‘gladiator” in the first episode. Short, who began his career as a choreographer working with acts like Britney Spears, and then acting in memorable roles  in the films Stomp The Yard and This Christmas has made all the wrong headlines as of late.

He is  currently estranged from his wife, Tanee McCall, who has filed for divorce for the third time and was awarded a restraining order after a fight where she says he threatened to kill her and himself.

Short recently apologized for a now-controversial interview with the Tom Joyner Morning Show the morning after the Scandal season finale.

21 thoughts on “Columbus Short Will Not Return To “Scandal”

1. Rachel on said:

It’s sad his talent took him somewhere his temperament wouldn’t allow him to stay. Really sad. I know he’ll miss those “Scandal” checks, but as an adult, he is responsible for HIS actions. If he’s out of work, it’s by his own hand.

2. IanRousseault on said:

I think that is simply Fantastic!!!! They really had no other choice. If I was an actor on that show, I would refuse to work with him! Now maybe he can get the obvious help that he needs. Maybe one day his Children will be able to recover from seeing their Father beat the Hell out of their Mother! Which he should NEVER be forgiven for!!!!

• I said it. on said:

You are in serious need of therapy. You sound as if you’ve had a heck of an experience that has left you bitter towards everyone.

• IanRousseault on said:

No not all, I just believe in my heart and soul, that a real Man never, ever puts his hands on a female no matter what!!!!. And when you find a so call man who does, you must SHUT HIM DOWN right away!!!! You cannot have ANY respect for a male that does that. Now I believe you as a female NEEDS the help for not recognizing that!!!!! SMDH!!!!

• I said it. on said:

It is true that abuse needs to be shut down, but I live in a country where people have to be proven guilty in a court of law. The Bible says that a man that doesn’t work shouldn’t eat. How is Mr. Short supposed to eat? Lastly, the Bible says to not let bitterness take root in your heart. Going around never forgiving people does just that. So,…

• IanRousseault on said:

So what???? Look I don’t give a ratchet F___ about this Animal and him not being able to support himself. Keep your hands off of Women, and you want have to worry about bad things happening to you! And stop making excuses for bad behavior, just stop it! If you are an Adult, act like an Adult, period! By no means am I bitter, I just hate hearing about bad behavior from people who have so much going for them, and cannot pull their stuff together, especially people of color. There is simply NO excuse for it!!!!!

• IanRousseault on said:

Sweetheart, Have a Great day! And maybe one day you’ll understand what I was actually trying to say!

• IanRousseault on said:

I’m not sure what your education level is, but Ian is a male name not female! Got you girl, no worries! SMDH!!!!

• I said it. on said:

That would be you in bad drag. Those words don’t offend real African American women. We know whose we are and who we are. We don’t play women, we are women.

• You ask “how is he supposed to eat”? Just remember that the next time he puts a knife to a woman’s throat, someone could be asking the same thing about her.

• I said it. on said:

Girl, by. I never see you commenting on crazy stuff these white folks do. Have several and stop posting on old topics. That’s last weeks news.