Queens, N.Y., Supreme Court Judge Richard L. Buchter (pictured above) broke down in tears after sentencing a former housing court officer and assistant girls basketball coach Kerbet Dixon (pictured) to at least 25 1/3 years behind bars for sexually abusing two young relatives in 2008 and 2009, according to the New York Daily News.
Dixon was convicted in March on felony charges of hoarding hundreds of child pornography images and sexually assaulting his wife’s nieces, ages 10 and 14, in the home that he shared with his spouse of 25 years and their three children.
The 50-year-old Dixon, who was touted in court by his defense attorney as being a highly respected Father, foster parent, and court officer with more than 20 years of duty under his belt, was then brought down to the lowest depths by Buchter as he sat on the bench passing judgement on the defendant whose vile acts moved him to tears.
“In 27 years on the bench, I have not seen a more repulsive case,” Buchter said, his voice rising according to the New York Daily News. “Justice is a poor replacement. . . . The lengthy prison sentence I propose will not restore the sweet innocence of the child.”
Buchter then continued to address Dixon and his heinous crimes, as he reportedly dabbed his eyes to keep his tears from flowing, “This defendant is the proverbial wolf in sheep’s clothing — both within his family and his community,” the judge said. “He cultivated his image of being kindly Uncle Kirby, providing gifts, taking them on trips, but this kindness did not motivate him. This conduct was carried out for a malicious purpose.”
Two of Dixon’s daughters sat emotionless in the court as the presiding judge addressed their father; reportedly, they had not provided a statement during the court proceedings.
The prosecution also read a letter during Dixon’s sentencing from a family member who needed to let their thoughts be known, “We would like to say how much we truly loved you. This was the ultimate betrayal. Never in a million years did we think you were the monster we had to protect our kids from.”
Buchter also addressed the jury and expressed how sorry he felt that they had to pour over such graphic child pornography images as part of their obligation as jurors in the case. “This was no ordinary jury service,” he said according to the New York Daily News. “For over a month, these men and women were compelled to sit through the most vile and sickening evidence.”
Dixon, who plans to appeal his case, could spend 32 1/3 years behind bars.
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30
Continue reading Judge Breaks Down After Sentencing Pedophile