Queens, N.Y., Supreme Court Judge Richard L. Buchter (pictured above) broke down in tears after sentencing a former housing court officer and assistant girls basketball coach Kerbet Dixon (pictured) to at least 25 1/3 years behind bars for sexually abusing two young relatives in 2008 and 2009, according to the New York Daily News.
Dixon was convicted in March on felony charges of hoarding hundreds of child pornography images and sexually assaulting his wife’s nieces, ages 10 and 14, in the home that he shared with his spouse of 25 years and their three children.
The 50-year-old Dixon, who was touted in court by his defense attorney as being a highly respected Father, foster parent, and court officer with more than 20 years of duty under his belt, was then brought down to the lowest depths by Buchter as he sat on the bench passing judgement on the defendant whose vile acts moved him to tears.
“In 27 years on the bench, I have not seen a more repulsive case,” Buchter said, his voice rising according to the New York Daily News. “Justice is a poor replacement. . . . The lengthy prison sentence I propose will not restore the sweet innocence of the child.”
Buchter then continued to address Dixon and his heinous crimes, as he reportedly dabbed his eyes to keep his tears from flowing, “This defendant is the proverbial wolf in sheep’s clothing — both within his family and his community,” the judge said. “He cultivated his image of being kindly Uncle Kirby, providing gifts, taking them on trips, but this kindness did not motivate him. This conduct was carried out for a malicious purpose.”
Two of Dixon’s daughters sat emotionless in the court as the presiding judge addressed their father; reportedly, they had not provided a statement during the court proceedings.
The prosecution also read a letter during Dixon’s sentencing from a family member who needed to let their thoughts be known, “We would like to say how much we truly loved you. This was the ultimate betrayal. Never in a million years did we think you were the monster we had to protect our kids from.”
Buchter also addressed the jury and expressed how sorry he felt that they had to pour over such graphic child pornography images as part of their obligation as jurors in the case. “This was no ordinary jury service,” he said according to the New York Daily News. “For over a month, these men and women were compelled to sit through the most vile and sickening evidence.”
Dixon, who plans to appeal his case, could spend 32 1/3 years behind bars.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Judge Breaks Down After Sentencing Pedophile