Queens, N.Y., Supreme Court Judge Richard L. Buchter (pictured above) broke down in tears after sentencing a former housing court officer and assistant girls basketball coach Kerbet Dixon (pictured) to at least 25 1/3 years behind bars for sexually abusing two young relatives in 2008 and 2009, according to the New York Daily News.
Dixon was convicted in March on felony charges of hoarding hundreds of child pornography images and sexually assaulting his wife’s nieces, ages 10 and 14, in the home that he shared with his spouse of 25 years and their three children.
The 50-year-old Dixon, who was touted in court by his defense attorney as being a highly respected Father, foster parent, and court officer with more than 20 years of duty under his belt, was then brought down to the lowest depths by Buchter as he sat on the bench passing judgement on the defendant whose vile acts moved him to tears.
“In 27 years on the bench, I have not seen a more repulsive case,” Buchter said, his voice rising according to the New York Daily News. “Justice is a poor replacement. . . . The lengthy prison sentence I propose will not restore the sweet innocence of the child.”
Buchter then continued to address Dixon and his heinous crimes, as he reportedly dabbed his eyes to keep his tears from flowing, “This defendant is the proverbial wolf in sheep’s clothing — both within his family and his community,” the judge said. “He cultivated his image of being kindly Uncle Kirby, providing gifts, taking them on trips, but this kindness did not motivate him. This conduct was carried out for a malicious purpose.”
Two of Dixon’s daughters sat emotionless in the court as the presiding judge addressed their father; reportedly, they had not provided a statement during the court proceedings.
The prosecution also read a letter during Dixon’s sentencing from a family member who needed to let their thoughts be known, “We would like to say how much we truly loved you. This was the ultimate betrayal. Never in a million years did we think you were the monster we had to protect our kids from.”
Buchter also addressed the jury and expressed how sorry he felt that they had to pour over such graphic child pornography images as part of their obligation as jurors in the case. “This was no ordinary jury service,” he said according to the New York Daily News. “For over a month, these men and women were compelled to sit through the most vile and sickening evidence.”
Dixon, who plans to appeal his case, could spend 32 1/3 years behind bars.
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading Judge Breaks Down After Sentencing Pedophile