It’s one thing to get your abs right for a day at the beach, but a whole different event getting your abs camera-ready to be seen by hundreds of thousands of movie goers on the big screen. When actor and E! News host Terrence Jenkins, better known as Terrence J, was preparing for his shirtless scene in the film Think Like a Man Too last summer, he turned to celebrity fitness trainer Jeanette Jenkins to get his abs ready for their close up. Oh, and she helped him go from having “zero” definition to sexy six-pack abs in only SIX WEEKS!
“The hardest thing right now is eating habits,” Terrence said at the start of his abs makeover. “Just as important as working out is the dietary piece. I’ve had to cut out carbs. I’m a huge fan of pasta and I’m not able to eat any pasta right now. I don’t eat much bread.”
Any good trainer will tell you that sleek, solid abs are made in the kitchen NOT the gym and “The Hollywood Trainer” is no exception. Known for sculpting Kelly Rowland’s abs, Jeanette Jenkins swears by helping her clients eat healthier, whole foods.
To get abs like Terrence J’s, follow Jeanette’s five tips for ordering and preparing healthy meals.
1. Choose a Dish That Has a Protein and a Dark Green Vegetable
Protein slows down the body’s absorption of sugar in the bloodstream, helping you burn more fat. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn and protein is the building block to your muscles. Green vegetables are the easiest way to alkalinize body and rich in phytonutrients that help strengthen the immune system.
Fish (salmon, sole, cod, sea bass, trout, tuna)
Chicken or turkey (baked or grilled)
Steak (lean cuts: eye of round, sirloin tip, top round, bottom round, top sirloin or ask your server for the leanest cut)
Vegetarian dishes (tofu, soy, quinoa, lentils, black beans, chick peas, mushrooms)
Vegetables (broccoli, spinach, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, collard greens, kale, spinach, green beans, green peas)
2. Add a Colorful Vegetable
Eating colored vegetables like beets, butternut squash, red and yellow peppers and sweet potatoes loads your body with nutrients like vitamin A and lycopene, helping all the cells in your body function for optimal performance.
1 2Next page »
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25