It’s one thing to get your abs right for a day at the beach, but a whole different event getting your abs camera-ready to be seen by hundreds of thousands of movie goers on the big screen. When actor and E! News host Terrence Jenkins, better known as Terrence J, was preparing for his shirtless scene in the film Think Like a Man Too last summer, he turned to celebrity fitness trainer Jeanette Jenkins to get his abs ready for their close up. Oh, and she helped him go from having “zero” definition to sexy six-pack abs in only SIX WEEKS!
“The hardest thing right now is eating habits,” Terrence said at the start of his abs makeover. “Just as important as working out is the dietary piece. I’ve had to cut out carbs. I’m a huge fan of pasta and I’m not able to eat any pasta right now. I don’t eat much bread.”
Any good trainer will tell you that sleek, solid abs are made in the kitchen NOT the gym and “The Hollywood Trainer” is no exception. Known for sculpting Kelly Rowland’s abs, Jeanette Jenkins swears by helping her clients eat healthier, whole foods.
To get abs like Terrence J’s, follow Jeanette’s five tips for ordering and preparing healthy meals.
1. Choose a Dish That Has a Protein and a Dark Green Vegetable
Protein slows down the body’s absorption of sugar in the bloodstream, helping you burn more fat. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn and protein is the building block to your muscles. Green vegetables are the easiest way to alkalinize body and rich in phytonutrients that help strengthen the immune system.
Fish (salmon, sole, cod, sea bass, trout, tuna)
Chicken or turkey (baked or grilled)
Steak (lean cuts: eye of round, sirloin tip, top round, bottom round, top sirloin or ask your server for the leanest cut)
Vegetarian dishes (tofu, soy, quinoa, lentils, black beans, chick peas, mushrooms)
Vegetables (broccoli, spinach, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, collard greens, kale, spinach, green beans, green peas)
2. Add a Colorful Vegetable
Eating colored vegetables like beets, butternut squash, red and yellow peppers and sweet potatoes loads your body with nutrients like vitamin A and lycopene, helping all the cells in your body function for optimal performance.
1 2Next page »
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31