Adored by millions of fans the world over, the Jacksons forever changed the landscape of popular music. When siblings Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon, and Tito Jackson rose to fame with their late brother Michael in the 1970s, they instantly became an unstoppable global sensation. The Jacksons’ unique brand of soulful pop-funk, their lengthy catalogue of hits, and their impeccable live performances have made them one of the most beloved musical acts of all time.
Idols unlike any other in music history, the Jacksons redefined, reinvented, and reinvigorated popular music as we know it. Classic #1 hits such as “ABC,” “I Found That Girl,” “I Want You Back,” and “I’ll Be There,” catapulted the group to superstardom. With nine #1 hits and 14 Top 10 hits, the group has certainly left it mark on the charts. These timeless tracks remain every bit as infectious, incomparable, and iconic today as when they were first released.
Not only did the Jackson 5 become the first group ever to have their first four singles hit #1 on the Billboard Charts, which brought them international notoriety. “I’ll Be There” remains the best selling single in Motown history. The Jacksons were formally inducted into the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame in 1997 and were the youngest group ever to receive that honor. They have had the honor of performing for the Queen of England three times as well as meeting and performing for Presidents, dignitaries, and various Heads of State throughout the globe.
Until Summer 2012’s long-awaited Unity Tour, the Jacksons had last toured together in 1984, in support of their album Victory. The Jacksons’ Victory tour was the first of its kind and drew over 2.5 million people to Stadiums across America to see their performances.
The historic Unity Tour saw the brothers back on stage together for the first time in nearly three decades. The group embarked on a worldwide series of shows in the summer of 2012, beginning in the U.S. and then expanding throughout Europe and across the globe in 2013. The tour was a whirlwind success, with the brothers performing their universally beloved hits from the Jackson 5, the Jacksons, and Jermaine Jackson’s solo career.
The Jacksons signature sun-drenched harmonies, energetic stage presence, and roster of smash hits have left an indelible mark on popular music: the name ‘The Jacksons’ is known around the world, and they remain the biggest-selling family in music of all time. Fittingly, 2014 will find the Jacksons in the entertainment capital of the world when the group begins a 10 week residency in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood on February 20, 2014.
For everything Jacksons, head to http://www.thejacksons.com/ and be sure to keep up with the brothers on twitter @Jacksons
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25