Tom, as I sat there on CNN on Sunday reporting on the breaking news I felt as though I had been suddenly transported back in time and was reporting from the 1950’s or 60’s.
A man at a Jewish community center on the eve of a Jewish holiday was reportedly heard asking people if they were Jewish before shooting them at close range with a shotgun.
That same man then allegedly got into his car, drove to a Jewish retirement facility and then shot and killed another person before police caught up with him in the parking lot of a nearby elementary school.
As the 73-year old suspect, Frazier Glenn Miller, in handcuffs, sat in the back of the police car, and could be heard yelling “Heil Hitler” at the top of his lungs.
He is a self-professed anti-Semite and white-supremacist.
Miller ran for congress in 2010 as a write-in candidate.
Here’s one of his radio ads challenging white people to stop being so complacent and stand up for white rights, “But you don’t care do you whitey? All you care about is satisfying your belly, pocketbook and genitals and watching the coons play ball on television.”
In the 1980’s he said this about his disgust for integrating the military.
“Simply put the United States Army couldn’t whip their way out of a paper sack in my opinion because of the effects of large numbers of minorities, inferior peoples in our military. And I think that has been intentionally brought about because of the Jewish influence in our government that has forced our leaders to allow large numbers of minorities and blacks in our military.”
That was 1984, the year I graduated high school.
It would not have surprised me back then because the Ku Klux Klan would pass out literature after church on Sunday’s right in front of my high school in Baker, Louisiana.
Fast forward to 2014 and the number of racial hate groups and militias has exploded.
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate groups, it’s because of the changing demographics of America and the election of a black president.
The SPLC reports the number of radical anti-government, militia groups increased 150 to 1,274 during the first 4 years of the Obama presidency.
They also say there have been more homegrown domestic terrorism attacks by right-wing groups than by international terrorists during his presidency.
Here’s the bottom line; the more we think we progress the more we regress in racial, anti-minority, religious and ethnic hatred.
We have to be aware and vigilant when we come across people like Frazier Glenn Miller.
He is the founder and former leader of the Carolina Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and the White Patriot Party.
Both organizations operated as paramilitary groups in the 1980s.
In plain sight his hatred boiled over, leading him to kill three people, none of whom by the way, turned out to be Jewish.
Now on the internet his white supremacist friends are calling him an idiot because he didn’t kill a Jew.
The irony is too much; idiots with the nerve to call someone else an idiot.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading DON LEMON: White Supremacy Is Alive In Light Of The Jewish Community Center Shooting