The holidays may be a ways away but your favorite comfort food doesn’t have to be!
Check out celebrity Chef Ken Patrick‘s take on Smoked Gouda Mac n’ Cheese.
Try it out and share it with your friends and family and of course let us know how it turned out!
6 cups water
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp canola oil
1 pound small elbow macaroni
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tbsp minced garlic
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
2 cups milk
½ cup heavy cream
¼ pound smoked Gouda cheese, grated
¼ pound Parmesan, shredded
1 tsp truffle oil
chopped fresh chives & bacon, garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Bring water, salt & canola oil to boil in a large sauce pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
3. Add the macaroni and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. In a small, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic then flour and cook, whisking constantly, for about 3 minutes. Slowly add the milk & cream while whisking until the sauce is smooth and thick, about 8 minutes.
5. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the cheese until it melts. Lightly grease a 6 ½ by 10 inch casserole dish. Combine the cheese sauce, truffle oil and macaroni in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
6. Pour into casserole and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and serve hot. Garnish with chopped chives and bacon bits.
Recipe courtesy, Ken Patrick Culinary Group 2014
The party on sea is heading to land! REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information visit here.