Another black man in charge!
Wendell E. Pritchett, the current chancellor of Rutgers University- Camden, has been named the interim dean of the University of Pennsylvania Law School for the 2014-2015 academic year.
As interim dean, he will not be a candidate for the permanent position, Penn said. A search for a new dean will begin later this spring.
Pritchett, also a member of the School Reform Commmission – the Philadelphia School District’s governing body, already had planned to return to Penn’s law faculty this summer, an announcement that was made in February. Pritchett was on the Penn law faculty from 2001 to 2009.
Pritchett graduated from Brown University in 1986 with a bachelor’s degree in political science, in 1991 he obtained his Juris Doctorate from Yale University, and in 1997 he got his doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania.
He is replacing Michael A. Fitts. Fitts is leaving the school to become president of Tulane University.
Smarty Pants: 21 Black Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Schools
1. Tammi Terrell - University of Pennsylvania1 of 21
2. Alicia Keys - Columbia UniversitySource:Instagram 2 of 21
3. Nikki Giovanni (University of Pennsylvania and Columbia)Source:AP 3 of 21
4. Lupita Nyong'o - Yale's School of Drama (Master's)Source:PR Photos 4 of 21
5. Tracee Ellis Ross - Brown UniversitySource:Instagram 5 of 21
6. Yaya Dacosta - Brown UniversitySource:PR Photos 6 of 21
7. Tatyana Ali - HarvardSource:Instagram 7 of 21
8. Tyra Banks- Harvard University8 of 21
9. John Legend- University of Pennsylvania9 of 21
10. Aisha Tyler- Dartmouth College10 of 21
11. Bob Johnson- Princeton University11 of 21
12. Sanaa Lathan- Yale University12 of 21
13. Hill Harper- Brown University13 of 21
14. Angela Bassett- Yale University14 of 21
15. Ryan Leslie- Harvard University15 of 21
16. Rashida Jones- Harvard University16 of 21
17. Courtney B. Vance- BA from Harvard University; MFA from Yale University17 of 21
18. Joy Bryant- Yale University before dropping out to become a model.18 of 21
19. Brian White: Dartmouth College19 of 21
20. Shonda Rhimes - DartmouthSource:PR Photos 20 of 21
21. Toni Morrison - Cornell University (Master's of Arts)21 of 21
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information visit here.