Amani Terrell

Amani Terrell, a LA girl who weighs 260 pounds, just showed the world what self love really looks like!

The 20-year-old beauty showed off her curves in a bikini on Hollywood Boulevard Tuesday morning and it was all caught on camera. Terrell told Fox 11 News that her bold move was to promote body acceptance and inspire other women to love the skin they’re in, too.

MUST READ: Curves 101: How To Properly Measure Your Body

“You cannot seek validation from other people,” she said. “This world is very cruel. You must seek validation within yourself and be kind to yourself.”

She went on to say that being plus-size women in Los Angeles is tough. “That’s all you see are thin women,” she explained. “I came up with this idea because I live in Hollywood and there’s this mass hysteria of perfection in this town. There’s a misconception that big women have low self-esteem. I don’t have low self-esteem.”

As a result, she strutted her stuff on the strip. There were only a few naysayers but Terrell said “I still love myself regardless.”

MUST READ: My Story: ‘I Lost The Weight, But Kept The Curves’

Check out the empowering footage below and tell us your thoughts in the comment section. You can check out Amani’s Twitter account at @FATINLOSANGELES

RELATED STORIES

Lane Bryant Casts Real Plus Size Models In It’s 1st Ever NY Fashion Show

booHoo.com Launches A Plus Size Collection & We’re Gonna Buy It All

Check Out This Gallery

13 thoughts on “Love The Skin You’re In! Plus-Sized Woman Shows Of Her Curves In A Bikini On Hollywood Blvd.

1. @Cloverleaf I am a plus sized woman and I would never do something like that nor have I “given up on myself”so please don’t jump to conclusions. Not every size 6 is healthy and not every size 20 is walking death. It’s not that she’s overweight her actions were inappropriate for a woman of any size to wear something that’s not suited for their body. There are swimsuits for women her size. ijs

2. C.A.A on said:

Please;
    it’s bad enough we are being laugh at in all other ways but to place this on line and ask for comments is “SHAMEFUL” by itself. where is our self pride and conviction of our people??? Instead of this crap.

3. pac4me on said:

What a bold and courageous stand for a young woman. Make sure that you’re healthy at that size and if so, then strut yo stuff baby girl – more power to you!!!

4. There are some really hateful people out here! The last time I checked- God is the only Judge, Jury and Creator of this world! I applaud this young woman for loving herself enough to celebrate her curves, rolls and beautiful skin GOD placed her in! God loves variety

5. WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER AND RATHER OBESE OR NOT WE SHOULD ALL LOVE OURSELVES DONT JUST WORK OUT BECAUSE YOUR BOYFRIEND IGNORS YOU CAUSE YOUR TOO OBESE OR YOUR FRIEND STABS YOU IN THE BACK CAUS YOUR OBESE NO WORK OUTFOR U I MEAN WE SOULD BE HEALTHY BUT NOT HEALTHY FOR SOMEONE ELSE , FOR U SO KEEP YOUR INSULTS TOO YOURSELVES DONT MAKE OTHERS SAD BECAUS OF U OK

6. Mary on said:

Nowadays, society either ignores, legalizes, legitimizes or attempts to explain away, anything we can’t (or refuse to) control.

There’s nothing praiseworthy about excess weight and an unsightly, overweight body shamelessly parading around (in a bikini no less), is certainly no cause for applause, celebration or a high five!

No matter how crazy and liberal society pretends to be, some things are and will always be inappropriate and in poor taste. Next to Erykah Badu’s naked “Window Seat” video shoot, this is one of the most inappropriate and shameful things I’ve seen from a Black woman in a long time.

God, give us back our ability to blush; give us back our sense to be shamefaced.

7. Jacquelynn4 on said:

Obesity is unhealthy and should not be celebrated. I guess now we can expect to see her on talk shows, commercials and the like championing her “cause”. How about her own reality show? What a farce. The world has gone mad.

8. Cloverleaf on said:

I agree Jessica, I don’t like it when obese woman claim to love the skin they’re in. If you truly loved yourself you would not celebrate being obese simply because it is not HEALTHY!!! When I see a big women my thoughts are “what made her give up on herself”

9. Jessica on said:

I am all about loving yourself but is obesity the image we reallly want to celebrate? People are quick to point out when someone is too thin. But being obese is not healthy either.