Vanessa VanDyke liked her poofy natural hairstyle. Other kids at Faith Christian Academy, however, teased her for it. Then the school stepped in and threatened her, saying ‘cut your hair or face expulsion.’ Why take such a hard line? Because they said her hair was ‘distracting.’ Riiiiiight.
Once local news got a hold of the story the school backed down and she wasn’t expelled. But after all that noise, why stay there anyway? Good on her for courage though.
For reporting a security problem
Ahmed Al-Khabaz was a computer science student in Montreal at Dawson College. He was working on a school project with a friend when they uncovered a security problem that left students’ personal information exposed. He told the school. They said ‘thanks.’ That’s it for round one.
Danielle Powell was damn near minutes from receiving her diploma when Grace University faculty found out about her lesbian relationship. She was unceremoniously expelled and was charged $6,300 to pay back her tuition for that semester because they found her in breach of a certain immorality clause that the religious school holds students accountable to. Danielle is fighting to have the debt rescinded, but something tells me that people like this don’t have grace in their heart.
For refusing to wear an RFID chip
A couple of middle schools in San Antonio, Texas, decided to start making their students wear an RFID chip necklace which would be used to track their location throughout the school. Andrea Hernandez, with the backing of her parents, refused on religious and privacy infringement grounds. After she was expelled, the family got civil liberties lawyers involved to prevent her from having to go to another school.
You can appreciate her stand, for sure, but you can bet that half of those kids disabled those stupid things within minutes of getting them.
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading Kid Expelled For Organizing Student Walkout Due To Lack Of Homework