The Obama administration continues its push toward uninsured Americans to sign up for health insurance via the Affordable Care Act. With the popular NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament set to take place, today the White House will launch a multi-layered effort tied with “March Madness” in order to appeal to those who have yet to enroll.
A White House official detailed the administration’s plans to cleverly market the necessity of health insurance to uninsured individuals of all ages. Considering that casual basketball fans also tune in to the frenzied NCAA tournament, the White House is using the bracket formula that will be familiar to all who have participated in March Madness before.
On Monday, the “16 Sweetest Reasons to Get Covered” bracket will be released and it’s no secret that President Barack Obama (pictured center) is a huge basketball fan. In fact, the tradition that President Obama has started in sharing his NCAA brackets via WhiteHouse.gov is one of the most-visited portions of the site during this time.
The bracket will feature key reasons why uninsured people should sign up under the new healthcare law and will be updated by online votes much like the actual March Madness bracket. On Wednesday, when the President will unveil his NCAA tournament bracket; the healthcare bracket will also be highlighted as well.
There will be several radio and TV spots to push for Affordable Care Act enrollment, and on social media, the #GetCovered hashtag is being promoted to continue the discussion. In one of the ads, Miami Heat superstar Lebron James helps sell the idea of getting insured. Joining James is retired hall of famer Magic Johnson in an earlier recorded spot and Hall Of Fame finalist and former Georgetown University standout Alonzo Mourning.
Watch Lebron James in the #GetCovered video.
Members of Obama’s administration will also aid in the push. Chief of staff Denis McDonough, senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer, senior adviser Phil Schiliro, Secretary of Education Arne Duncan who is a former college player himself, and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius will all join the effort.
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading Obama Administration Begins Affordable Care Act Push During March Madness