The Obama administration continues its push toward uninsured Americans to sign up for health insurance via the Affordable Care Act. With the popular NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament set to take place, today the White House will launch a multi-layered effort tied with “March Madness” in order to appeal to those who have yet to enroll.
A White House official detailed the administration’s plans to cleverly market the necessity of health insurance to uninsured individuals of all ages. Considering that casual basketball fans also tune in to the frenzied NCAA tournament, the White House is using the bracket formula that will be familiar to all who have participated in March Madness before.
On Monday, the “16 Sweetest Reasons to Get Covered” bracket will be released and it’s no secret that President Barack Obama (pictured center) is a huge basketball fan. In fact, the tradition that President Obama has started in sharing his NCAA brackets via WhiteHouse.gov is one of the most-visited portions of the site during this time.
The bracket will feature key reasons why uninsured people should sign up under the new healthcare law and will be updated by online votes much like the actual March Madness bracket. On Wednesday, when the President will unveil his NCAA tournament bracket; the healthcare bracket will also be highlighted as well.
There will be several radio and TV spots to push for Affordable Care Act enrollment, and on social media, the #GetCovered hashtag is being promoted to continue the discussion. In one of the ads, Miami Heat superstar Lebron James helps sell the idea of getting insured. Joining James is retired hall of famer Magic Johnson in an earlier recorded spot and Hall Of Fame finalist and former Georgetown University standout Alonzo Mourning.
Watch Lebron James in the #GetCovered video.
Members of Obama’s administration will also aid in the push. Chief of staff Denis McDonough, senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer, senior adviser Phil Schiliro, Secretary of Education Arne Duncan who is a former college player himself, and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius will all join the effort.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Obama Administration Begins Affordable Care Act Push During March Madness