SANFORD, Fla. (AP) – George Zimmerman‘s parents are suing actress Roseanne Barr in Florida, claiming a Twitter post she made listing their address and telephone number forced them to flee their home.

Robert and Gladys Zimmerman filed the lawsuit on Monday. It seeks undisclosed damages for emotional distress and invasion of privacy.

The Zimmermans say they were forced to flee their home after Barr posted their address and telephone number about a month after their son fatally shot Trayvon Martin in February 2012. They also claim they were forced into hiding.

Zimmerman was acquitted last summer of any crime in the shooting of the 17-year-old Martin. The case inspired protests nationwide and raised questions about gun control laws and race.

A Barr spokesman didn’t return an email or voicemail seeking comment.

16 thoughts on “Zimmerman’s Parents Sue Roseanne Barr Over Twitter Post

1. JosephJPage on said:

Start working from home! Great job for students, stay-at-home moms or anyone needing an extra income… You only need a computer and a reliable internet connection… Make $90 hourly and up to $12000 a month by following link at the bottom and signing up… You can have your first check by the end of this week.>>

2. Honestly on said:

F*ck zimmerman and his parents. I hope this animal and the savages that gave life to him are haunted by Trayvon Martin.

• JanCorey on said:

Honestly, I hope all of the Zimmerman fans go out and piss all over the grave-site of thug-drug-head-Trayvon in a show of respect for that monster. Thank God he’s now dead as a direct result of his criminal actions against victim-Zimmerman.

3. miesha on said:

I do not agree with putting anyone’s address on the social media. But honestly. … I DON’T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ZIMMERMAN AND HIS FAMILY!

4. From the bottom of my heart, ifthe Nine Eleven tragedy is a nightmare to my memory, the ‘’Zimmerman-TrayvonMartin-Trail’’ is still a smack to my feelings. Not only as a parent but aboveall as a citizen…

5. JanCorey on said:

I hope Zimmerman’s parents win their lawsuit against Roseanne Barr because they too are victims of a media-type-assault that RB did. Fortunately, the offense is well documented and the parents will likely prevail in their search for Justice. And, thank God that George made this world a safer place by placing a bullet in the heart of that thug-kid that so viciously attacked him. Justice rules!!!

• You dumbass you do realize the same lawsuit was filed against Spike Lee….like you say justice rules..that was thrown out just like this one will be. That same 1st amendment you hide behind applies to everyone!

• JanCorey on said:

It is clear RL that you absolutely love George Zimmerman and I’m fine with that but your trolling is another issue that may need professional intervention to address your problems. Educated love that George Zimmerman hit the heart of thug-thug-Trayvon and only used one bullet to defend himself from the criminal act of Trayvon Martin. George is so thrifty and that’s another good thing he proved.

6. Timekeeeper on said:

Responders, please beware. There are paid visitors to these minority websites thatr get an alert anytime Zimmerman or Trayvon are mentioned. They are paid handsomely by right wing groups i.e. Koch brothers, tea party, etc that want to ignite hate, racism and indifference and influence. If you see, or more accurately when) you see thjese posts, please ignore them. Their goal is not an honest and objctive dialogue. But rather to promote bigotry at it’s lowest level. Whenver Zimmerman is mentioned, their antennas ( or rather their horns)go up and they scan these blogs loooking to take issue with anyone who doesnt agree with them. So please be advised andleave them to themselves and save yourselfthe aggravation

• So true…I figured it out some time ago. People like them stoop to the lowest level. They have a cancer from the inside out…the hate they spread will only travel back to them and they’re to stupid to understand they’re only setting themselves up to be cursed in the worst way. I feel sorry for these dummies.

7. Timekeeeper on said:

You are absolutley corect, Deuce. That interview with Sean Hannity was the worst reaction to a murder I have ever witnessed. Even confessed murederers will tell the family they are sorry. I think that is the biggest elloing of all that hs knows down deep he is a killer. Something obvioulsy he cannot face up to.

8. That family (especially GZ himself) does NOT deserve ANY peace, harmony or tranquility. It seems that the laws of nature are taking place. KARMA !!! I truly believe that the “worst” is yet to come. You don’t get to MURDER an innocent kid in a civilized society ……….and just walk off into the sunset. To this day, Zimmerman shows no remorse and depicts himself as a victim. Any decent person would behave differently. If I killed (even in “real” self-defense) some kid, I would still show some compassion to the grieving family. Something along the line of “I’m very sorry for your loss and wish it never happened……..” When asked in an interview if he was sorry, GZ didn’t say “yes” as anyone would’ve expected. Instead, he said it was God’s will that he MURDER an unarmed, innocent kid in essence. Zimmerman & his family (albeit to a lesser extent) seem like horrible people. I believe that they can expect (and truly deserve) nothing but hardship hereafter. KUDOS Roseanne !!!