I mean, it is no secret that there are plenty of disgusting places that you want to steer clear of, but what if I told you that some of these are right in your own home, or that you use them everyday? You may be surprised how many germs your hands come in contact with on the daily. According to the Center for Disease Control, 80% of diseases and infections are spread by touching. So listen up and wash up, people, and get ready to put bleach to use!
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
The sink in your kitchen is probably dirtier than your bathroom. Research says that there are usually more than 500k bacterial spores per square inch just in the drain alone! And please don’t forget about that gross sponge you’ve been meaning to replace, but continue to use, or that basin you’ve had since you moved in! Let’s not forget the counter tops and faucet handles that are a germaphobes nightmare!
Risk Reducing Tips:
Use anti-bacterial products to cleanse the countertops and sinks after preparing food of all kinds, raw fruits and vegetables included! You would be surprised at how many pathogens are carried in produce.
Wash, wash and wash your hands! It is recommended that you wash your hands with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
Remove and replace, or at the very least, sanitize! Dirty sponges, rags and towels NEED to be replaced regularly. I’m not the most recycle-friendly or conscious when it comes to matters of cleaning, so I simply just stock up on paper towels and Clorox bleach wipes. If you are a recycler and don’t want to be wasteful, try running your sponges through the dishwasher’s drying cycle. It will kill the majority of the bacteria.
Make sure you are cleansing your sink and drain at least twice a week with bleach.
This is probably not a shocker, as most public bathrooms are at the top of the dirty list! These cramped and overused potty nightmares are the absolute worst! Research has shown several instances of E. coli and fecal bacteria traces found on the faucets and door handles. This is often due to the high instance of individuals not utilizing the sink to wash their hands properly. Don’t even get me started on the explosive flush! These toilets flush and in turn splash and spew germs in the air that coat the wall and floors.
Risk Reducing Tips:
Always use the paper cover when available to protect the seat, or better yet, just forgo touching the seat all together and squat!
Always wash and dry your hands thoroughly.
Try to always use a paper towel to handle toilet seats/lids, doorknobs and faucets in the bathroom.
Did you know that almost every time wet undies are moved from the washer to the dryer, you get E. coli on your hands? All it takes is one soiled, sexy panty to spread bacteria amongst your entire load of clothes and even the machine!
Risk Reducing Tips:
Run the washer on at least 150 degrees.
Use bleach with whites and not the color-safe kind (it doesn’t kill as many germs).
Never let wet laundry sit for long periods of time, and quickly transfer it from washer to the dryer. This prevents germs from multiplying as quickly.
Wash underwear in a separate load and make sure to dry on high for at least 45 minutes. Statistics show that there is about 1 gram of feces in every pair of dirty under wear. (Can you say GROSS!!!).
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.