Most of the companies range from fields in legal to healthcare to technology and may be found in some of the major metropolitan cities across the United States. Though many of the top paying jobs require advanced degrees, majority of the companies also offer generous perks and benefits to other employees as well.
Here are the 10 Top Paying Companies of 2014:
1) WellStar Health System–This Atlanta-based hospital system includes five hospitals and seven urgent care centers, where physicians are paid top dollar.
Average annual base pay: $253,500
Best Companies Rank : 39
2) Bingam McCutchen, LLP–The average annual salary for associates is $222,231, more than $6,000 higher than the previous year’s $216,000 average salary.
Average annual base pay: $222,231
Best Companies Rank : 60
3) Cooley, LLP – The law firm known for its technology practice–and counts Facebook as one of its clients–has some of the highest paid associates.
Average annual base pay: $215,861
Best Companies Rank : 100
4) Perkins Coie – This Seattle-based law firm has some of the highest paid associates, with average annual salaries at $175,787. That’s more than $10,000 higher than $165,815 the previous year.
Average annual base pay: $175,787
Best Companies Rank : 41
5) Hilcorp Energy Company – They say good engineers aren’t easy to come by in the U.S., and some of the highest paid are working at this Houston-based oil and gas producer.
Average annual base pay: $162,980
Best Companies Rank : 15