Rachel Fryer (pictured) buried her infant son nearly three years ago, after claiming that she accidentally rolled over on him as they slept. Now the 2-year-old female twin of the deceased infant has been laid to rest as well.
This time, Fryer told Sanford, Fla. police investigators that her daughter had stopped breathing following an asthma attack and so she buried the toddler without summoning assistance. Police officials aren’t buying Fryer’s story and arrested the mom of five on Tuesday, charging her with aggravated child neglect, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
The case came to light Feb. 10, when Fryer turned herself in to police admitting that she had buried her toddler in a shallow grave in Crescent City. When investigators went to the burial site, they discovered a leopard print suitcase that had been tossed to the side and a child’s shoe sticking out of a freshly dug gravesite. Upon further investigation, authorities stumbled upon the little girl’s decomposing cadaver.
According to Fryer’s account, she found her daughter to be unresponsive on Feb. 6. After trying to resuscitate the child, Fryer decided to place her daughter’s lifeless body into the suitcase and take it to the Crescent City burial spot.
Just three years earlier, Fryer’s 2-month-old son Tavont’ae Gordon died of mechanical asphyxiation, a co-sleeping fatality, according to a medical examiner. Fryer told investigators at the time that she had fallen asleep and accidentally rolled over on her boy. Even though police determined that the 32-year-old woman had reportedly been under the influence of cocaine at the time, she was not charged for the crime.
Fryer, who is now pregnant, had her children taken away from her by the state after her infant son passed away. The kids were placed in foster care but were returned last November, after the Department of Children and Families (DCF) and a county judge determined that Fryer could be “trusted” to care for them.
An arrest warrant reportedly indicated that not only does Fryer have an extensive history of arrests and drug use but the mom has also been violent towards her children, using such items as wire hangers, a broom stick and flip-flops to discipline them.
Meanwhile, Fryer’s surviving three children are back in the foster care system and she is being held on a $950,000 bail.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25