When Toni Braxton appeared on Bethenny this week, she talked about dating, her reality TV show and her divorce from former Mint Condition member Keri Williams, father of her two sons. But one of the most controversial things she said is that her amicable divorce from Williams was a very “Caucasian” divorce. The two live near each other in L.A. and Braxton says they’re very cordial. Bethenny then referred to her messy divorce, which has been fraught with problems and custody disputes, as a “black divorce.”
Did Toni go a little too far, assuming that only white couples can have a friendly divorce and that Black ones are always arguing? Why are we always so quick to assume that things that are problematic and troublesome in relationships stem from ethnicity rather than the personalities of the two involved? Haven’t plenty of white folks had messy divorces? Click on the video and tell us what you think.
White Male Celebrities BLACK WOMEN LOVE
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Joseph Sikora
1 of 16
2. Nick Jonas
2 of 16
3. John Stamos - You didn't think we were watching "Full House" back in the day for the Olsen twins?!
3 of 16
4. Channing Tatum- It could be the dancing or the body, either way we are on Team Channing.
4 of 16
5. Brad Pitt- Isn't he just classic white boy fine?
5 of 16
6. Kevin Costner- Ever since he starred with Whitney Houston in "The Bodyguard" we have loved him.
6 of 16
7. Justin Timberlake- He can sing, he can dance, what's not to like?
7 of 16
8. Richard Gere- Maybe, he's not the hunk that he used to be...but back in the day sistas would have been in line for the man!
8 of 16
9. Matthew McConaughey- Something about that southern twang that melts our hearts.
9 of 16
10. Tom Cruise- He'll always be the hot thing in "Risky Business" to us.
10 of 16
11. Robin Thicke- It could be that sweet falsetto, his blue-eyed soul or the fact that he loves black women just as much as we love him!
11 of 16
12. Colin Farrell- Who doesn't like an Irish bad boy?
12 of 16
13. Robert DeNiro- He's no Adonis but he's definitely had some sistas [including his wife] wanting to find them their own Italian Stallion over the years.
13 of 16
14. Chris Noth aka Mr. Big . . . He loves Black women and we love him.
14 of 16
15. George Clooney- He's vintage sexy and he has dated a Black woman in the past.
15 of 16
16. Actor Simon Baker made "Something New" seem like the right thing to do.
16 of 16