An interview with 12 Years a Slave star and current Hollywood It Girl Lupita Nyong’o will be featured on ABC’s Countdown to the Oscars, a backstage pass to the Academy Awards, featuring Q&As with the nominees, rare footage of them before they were famous, and a special celebration of the 20th anniversary of Forrest Gump. Good Morning America co-hosts Robin Roberts and Josh Elliott anchor the special hour, with reporting from Lara Spencer and Chris Connelly. Nyong’o is considered the favorite for the Best Supporting Oscar for her role.
An ABC statement says of Nyong’o:
“She’s Hollywood’s break out star and the fashion world’s new “it” girl — Lupita Nyong’o’s searing performance in “12 Years a Slave” made Hollywood sit up and take notice. She is the awards season frontrunner, garnering numerous accolades, including a nomination for Best Supporting Actress. Not bad when you consider this was her first acting job right out of the Yale School of Drama. Robin Roberts catches up with Lupita just days before the Oscars to discuss new found fame, fabulous fashion and what it feels like to be at the center of a real life Hollywood Cinderella story.
Countdown to the Oscars airs on Thursday, Feb. 27 (8 – 9 p.m., ET) on ABC. The Oscars airs on ABC on Sunday, March 2 at 7 p.m.
White Male Celebrities BLACK WOMEN LOVE
15 photos Launch gallery
1. Nick Jonas
1 of 15
2. John Stamos - You didn't think we were watching "Full House" back in the day for the Olsen twins?!
2 of 15
3. Channing Tatum- It could be the dancing or the body, either way we are on Team Channing.
3 of 15
4. Brad Pitt- Isn't he just classic white boy fine?
4 of 15
5. Kevin Costner- Ever since he starred with Whitney Houston in "The Bodyguard" we have loved him.
5 of 15
6. Justin Timberlake- He can sing, he can dance, what's not to like?
6 of 15
7. Richard Gere- Maybe, he's not the hunk that he used to be...but back in the day sistas would have been in line for the man!
7 of 15
8. Matthew McConaughey- Something about that southern twang that melts our hearts.
8 of 15
9. Tom Cruise- He'll always be the hot thing in "Risky Business" to us.
9 of 15
10. Robin Thicke- It could be that sweet falsetto, his blue-eyed soul or the fact that he loves black women just as much as we love him!
10 of 15
11. Colin Farrell- Who doesn't like an Irish bad boy?
11 of 15
12. Robert DeNiro- He's no Adonis but he's definitely had some sistas [including his wife] wanting to find them their own Italian Stallion over the years.
12 of 15
13. Chris Noth aka Mr. Big . . . He loves Black women and we love him.
13 of 15
14. George Clooney- He's vintage sexy and he has dated a Black woman in the past.
14 of 15
15. Actor Simon Baker made "Something New" seem like the right thing to do.
15 of 15