But then there are plenty of examples of people behaving badly on FB too. There are entire sites dedicated to embarrassing Facebook posts…and most of them probably led to terminations, break ups, family banishment or all three.
Personally, I’d like to see more African Americans, in particular, begin taking their Facebook engagement to the next level.
If you aren’t yet using Facebook to network, develop clients and promote your products and services, you’re missing out.
You’d be amazed at the contacts you can make by consistently getting your message out there. Sort of the same way a lot of people use Starbucks, Facebook is a comfortable spot for hanging out, visiting, connecting and doing business.
Like many of you, I’ve grown right along with Facebook in the last 10 years. I’ve gone from casually posting to strategically utilizing Facebook to boost all my relationships, business, family and friends.
Don’t stay still. Facebook has opened up doors and imaginations and it’s all ours for the taking.
And in keeping with the 10-year-celebration, here are 10 Facebook thoughts I’d like to share:
1. There’s an edit button! No more excuses for misspelling words and names.
2. You might not need to be Facebook friends with your pastor.
3. Most people don’t want to play Farmtown with you.
4. Keep sending inspirational words and Bible quotes. You never know how they will bless someone.
5. You don’t look like you looked in 1987. Remember that when trying to hook up with your high school crush.
6. If it doesn’t concern any one except you and the person you’re posting to, send a message. It will appear in their inbox.
7. Candy Crush really is an addiction. Get help.
8. Un-friend people who make racist, homophobic are incredibly distasteful comments unless these are really the kinds of friends you have.
9. Checking your children’s Facebook account to figure out what they are doing is a thing of the past. Go to Twitter, Instagram and Snap Chat…if you dare.
10. Facebook is not a substitute for human contact. Just because you see your baby niece’s photos daily, she needs a big hug from you too.
Happy Birthday Facebook! Thanks for the memories.