Madonna isn’t the only person in hot water for throwing the n-word around all willy-nilly. The pop star won our award for the first major epic fail of 2014 when she used the racial slur to describe her 13-year-old son Instagram. Now, this not-so-cool trend has carried over to an elementary school principal!
Claudia Alves, a principal at Pouslbo Elementary School in Washington state, was forced to take a leave of absence after she used the n-word to a group of fifth graders. According to reports, a few of her students were uncomfortable with saying the word “negro” while rehearsing for a Martin Luther King play. Instead of respecting their wishes, she thought it was a good idea to prove that “negro” was not the same as the N-word, and she used the actual word to make the comparison.
The issue was brought to the school board after students complained to their parents. Superintendent Patty Page said it was not acceptable under district policy for Alves to used the term and she was placed on leave. Page noted that the absence has yet to be considered a disciplinary action, as the board is still investigating the case.
Weigh in with your thoughts below. Does Alves deserved to be fired? If not, what should the school board do?
The Most Racist Moments Of 2013
21 photos Launch gallery
1. The Most Racist Moments Of The Year
1 of 21
2. White Man Slaps Baby & Tells Mom To ‘Shut That N*gger Baby Up’
2 of 21
3. Dear, Lisa Lampanelli: You Will Never Be A N*gga, So Stop Saying It
3 of 21
4. LL Cool J ‘Accidental Racist’ Lyrics: ‘In Its Proper Context, It Makes Sense”
4 of 21
5. Twitter Reactions To Jamie Foxx’s Trayvon Martin T-Shirt Prove Racists Love Still The Internet
5 of 21
6. 11-Year-Old Mexican-American Singer Taunted By Racist Tweets After Singing National Anthem
6 of 21
7. Wait, What?! Paula Deen Wants Slaves Serving At Her Dinner Party + 3 Of Her Most Racist Quotes
7 of 21
8. Lies Racists Tell: Paula Deen’s Sons Claim She’s No Racist & Even Taught Them Black History
8 of 21
9. Stacey Dash Defends Paula Deen + 5 Other Non-Black Celebs Who’ve Used The N-Word
9 of 21
10. WTF?! Rush Limbaugh Decides That He Can Now Say, ‘N*gga’ [VIDEO]
10 of 21
11. Justin Bieber Drops ‘N-Word’ On New Track?
11 of 21
12. Salon Writer Calls Eric Holder President Obama’s “Inner Ni***r!” Did He Go Too Far?
12 of 21
13. New Cheerios Commercial Starring An Interracial Couple Causes Big Stir
13 of 21
14. Italy’s First Black Minister Attacked & Called A ‘Symbol Of A Hypocritical, Do-Gooding’
14 of 21
15. First Indian Miss America Receives Support After Racist Backlash
15 of 21
16. WTF?! 21-Year-Old White Girl Boasts Racist African Bday Party On Facebook [PHOTOS]
16 of 21
17. Don Lemon, Your Mother’s Advice To You As A Child Will Not Save The World From Racism [VIDEO]
17 of 21
18. Sorry Not Sorry: Barneys Offers Their ‘Deepest Apologies’ By Hiring A Civil Rights Expert
18 of 21
19. Kanye West Gives Middle Finger To Black Community: Wears Confederate Flag To Barneys
19 of 21
20. GOP Thanks Rosa Parks For Ending Racism & ‘Black Twitter’s’ Responds With Jokes
20 of 21
21. New Miss France Celebrates Her Mixed-Race Heritage In The Midst Of Racist Backlash
21 of 21