Three days after burying her 13-year-old son, Dinyal New‘s grief intensified when her 19-year-old son was gunned down just blocks from their home, reports ABC News.
“All my boys are gone,” said New, 41. “I’m numb. I am stunned. I am mad. I am angry and hurt. I hope that somebody please comes forward if they saw something to tell the police.”
New’s 13-year-old son Lee Weathersby III was gunned down on New Year’s Eve approximately one mile from their home. His older brother Lamar Broussard was shot and killed 19 days later a few blocks from their home in East Oakland.
No arrests have been made. An Oakland police spokesperson said the department is looking into the possibility that the slayings are linked.
Read more from ABC:
“They were good boys, both of them,” Lee Weathersby Jr., who is Lee Weathersby III’s father and Broussard’s stepfather, told the San Francisco Chronicle on Monday. “We’re not supposed to be burying our children. It’s supposed to be the other way around. They’re supposed to looking out for us.”
Lee Weathersby III, described by his mother as an avid basketball player and drummer for his school band, was shot on Dec. 31 as he walked home from a friend’s house after he attended a party at a nearby Boys & Girls Club.
On Sunday, Broussard and his childhood buddy, Derryck Harris, 19, were killed while riding in New’s Audi, his mother said. She said Broussard was going to pay her cellphone bill.
Broussard was a college student who aspired to be a musician and start his own business, New said. She added that the family had considered sending Broussard to live with a cousin after his younger brother was killed.
“But, he said, ‘Mom, you need me right now,’ ” New said, wiping away tears. “Lamar was just consoling me at his brother’s funeral — and now we have to bury him.”
Though emotions are high in their East Oakland neighborhood, New insists that she wants justice, not retaliation.
Read more at ABC News.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25