Keisha’s back. And so is the rest of the cast of VH1’s popular scripted series Single Ladies which returns for Season 3 tonight at 9 p.m. LisaRaye McCoy, who plays Keisha, a former video vixen turned real estate entrepreneur says that even though there was a delay between last season and the current one, people are happy that it’s back.
“Everybody’s been waiting for it to come back because we took a minute off,” McCoy told the Tom Joyner Morning Show. “We had new writers and a new cast. People are involved in the show. They talk to me in the grocery store. ‘Keisha! No, LisaRaye. Are you and Malcolm going to get back together? Are you and Malcolm going to get married. Tell me. I know you know. ‘
For McCoy, Season 3 is a chance to show a different side of Keisha. This season she’s secure in her relationship with Malcolm, a self-made millionaire. Although they’ve had some issues before getting to this point, including an FBI investigation and a shady ex-wife, they seem to be on stable ground. Well, unless you’ve seen the preview clip, where Malcolm tells Keisha he sees a storm ahead. Uh-oh.
“Season 3 for Keisha is growth,” McCoy said. “She’s in love. She and Malcolm are finally committed and they live together. It says something about a relationship when you move in with a guy. You’re trying to make that guy your husband so you’re acting like you’re wifey material. You find out things are wrong with him and he finds out things are wrong with you but you still have to commit to argue under that one roof and say OK we’ll come back together. You see me really showing Malcolm that I’m the one. So the show this season is sexiness, great co-stars, a lot of guest stars and a lot of drama.”
Co-stars Travis Winfrey (Omar) Charity Shea (April) and real-life newlywed Denise Vasi (Raquel) are all back this season with their own storylines. DB Woodside returns as Keisha’s love interest, Malcolm, Damien Dante Wayans plays Shea’s love interest and singer LeToya Luckett plays her new boss, a tough industry talent manager. Terrell Tilford returns as Sean, Keisha’s former love and Harold “House” Moore is back as Malcolm’s brother.
As for LisaRaye’s own single status, she says it’s unchanged, despite rumors of a romance with “Preachers of L.A.” star, Bishop Noel Jones.
“I never was dating Noel,” McCoy says. “You know how they do me. Everyone that they see me talking to they make it new couple alert. He’s a friend. I attend the church. He’s helped me out a lot as a mentor. I used to be a Buddhist for about five years. So I’ve actually been searching to find out how to have a greater relationship with God where I can hear from him and I can pray and it’s not just a five-minute prayer on your knees.”
LisaRaye says the title of single lady suits her on the show and in real life at the moment. She’s looking more to her various projects (all of which you can get more information on via her website) than she is to marry again. At least, right now.
“I really think that since the divorce and planting my feet firmly again where I do, you find power in that. I’m relevant. I’m out there. I got a hair line that’s coming out and a candle line. I’ve got a flat iron deal with RedPro. I feel good about my branding and what I’m doing and where I’m going and I know that has everything to do with God. I’m so thankful right now.”
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30
Continue reading LisaRaye Plays a Single Lady on TV; Is Fine With Being One In Real Life