Samuel and Kandea Aarons (pictured above), an interracial couple out for a nice dinner at an East Point-area Georgia eatery claim they were blatantly discriminated against, when a parking valet allegedly wrote, “Jungle Fever,” on their claim ticket, according to My Fox Atlanta.
Samuel, who is White and in the military, and his wife, Kandea, who is Black, have been together for 13 years. And according to the couple, they have never before faced racial discrimination due to their interracial union.
After driving from their home in Columbus to Atlanta to do some shopping, the pair enjoyed seafood at Spondivits Restaurant. When they arrived at the establishment and handed over their keys to the African-American valet, the pair said the man was very cordial to them.
When the Aarons got home and happened to look on the back of their parking stub, though, they reportedly could not believe their eyes as they read the scribbled words “Jungle Fever” (pictured above) across the ticket.
According to Kandea, who spoke to My Fox Atlanta, “To me those words were racially motivated.”
Watch news coverage of the incident here:
“Jungle Fever” was a 1991 film directed by Spike Lee and the term is typically used in a derogatory fashion to label an interracial couple.
When the Aarons confronted the valet, he reportedly admitted to scribbling the words on the parking stub. Consequently, he was fired by the restaurant owners. The restauranteurs then called the Aarons to apologize and try to make good on the racist incident by offering them gift certificates, which they have refused, as they are now seeking the services of an attorney instead.
Meanwhile the entire incident has left the couple disillusioned, as they thought such racist practices were a thing of the past. Samuel told My Fox Atlanta, “I was upset, but I was mainly disappointed, disappointed that this is still taking place today. 2014. Especially in the big city of Atlanta.”
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Couple Appalled By ‘Jungle Fever’ Comment Left On Stub By Valet