ith a new year comes new goals and new opportunities. If you find yourself looking for a new job in 2014, Forbes.com and Manpower have gathered a few suggestions based on surveys of 18,000 employers across the U.S. This survey was taken to determine whether employers plan to add or cut jobs, keep employment levels the same or have yet to make a decision about either for the first quarter of 2014.
According to the survey, the Deltona, Florida metropolitan area, which includes Daytona Beach and Ormond Beach, have a net 24 percentof companies who plan to hire new staff in the first quarter of next year.
Coming in second is McAllen, Texas, near the southernmost tip of the state, which plans to add a net 23 percent of employers. One of the factors/jobs increasing the employment rate in McAllen is one that is referred to as “twin maquiladoras.” Auto plants in Mexico produce cars and then companies in McAllen inspect these vehicles and ship them out. Additionally, retail businesses in McAllen, such as Walmart, Costco, Dillard’s and Macy’s also benefit from McAllen’s close proximity to Mexico as people cross the border from Mexico to shop.
Austin, Texas and Cape Coral, Florida tied for third, both citing potential hiring of 20 percent in the first quarter. Austin will be hiring more for high tech companies such as Apple and Samsung, whereas Cape Coral received its boom in retail services due to the recovering housing market and low density rate in the area.
At the bottom of the totem pole is Buffalo, New York, where a net of -3 percent of employers plan to hire during the first quarter. As noted in the survey, “the hiring picture there is not all negative. Though high-paying manufacturing jobs have died out, and the Niagara Falls – related retail and hospitality economy has contracted, there has been growth in green and high tech manufacturing and also in health care and education.”
For more information and videos regarding the findings of the surveys, please visit Manpower.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25