We can all agree that travel comes with stress. Throw the holidays into the mix and it can be the absolute worst! This year, it is estimated that 25 million people flew during the days leading up to and after Thanksgiving.
With Christmas and New Years approaching, we can expect a similar type of mob to fill the airports once again. This season, avoid stress and spaz outs with tips for ensuring peaceful and efficient airport travel.
1. Airline Tricks
If you have a baby, most airlines will let you check their car seat, crib and stroller for free; so don’t be afraid to pack everything you need for fear or checked baggage fees! To top that off, most major carriers give priority boarding to people with young kids, all you have to do is ask!
2. Travel with Carry-Ons
My favorite way to beat the airport blues is to squeeze everything into my 21 inch carry-on bag. As long as I check in the night before, I’ve gotten to the airport only 20 minutes before pre-board because I don’t have to check my bag according to the airline’s “hour before” regulations.
You also don’t have to wait the 30-60 minutes after leaving the plane at baggage claim. Buy those tiny plastic bottle toiletry kits and hand pack your favorite products and pop them in to your carry on.
3. Be Flexible
If you have any wiggle room whatsoever, check the “flexible dates” box that most online flight search engines have. You can save a ton of cash on holiday travel by flying at awkward times. Being able to change the date of your flight, even if it’s only by 12 hours gives you a lot of options that will help your wallet as well. I just booked last-minute Christmas travel for eight family members and saved $3,000 by moving their flights a half a day ahead from what I planned.
4. Spring For Economy Plus
In most cases, booking economy plus over regular economy is only about $50 bucks. In exchange for that extra fee is peace of mind, extra leg room, faster boarding/exiting and first grab and the drinks and snacks. If you have a long flight, the extra stretch and recline room will feel especially luxurious.
5. De-stress In The Airline Lounge
You may not know it, but all the major carriers have airline lounges in the airport. For $50 dollars you can gain access to their peaceful world. During the holidays, a lot of us may find ourselves with cancelled flights or major delays due to weather.
A great way to beat the stress in those moments is to head to the lounge, shell out some money and relax. Most lounges have free snacks (some, like Cathay Pacific will even have delish entire meals at your disposal), drinks, comfortable seating, areas to lay down, wifi and all the electrical outlets your heart and smartphone desires!
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading 8 Tips To Survive Holiday Travel Without Pulling Out Your Hair