We can all agree that travel comes with stress. Throw the holidays into the mix and it can be the absolute worst! This year, it is estimated that 25 million people flew during the days leading up to and after Thanksgiving.
With Christmas and New Years approaching, we can expect a similar type of mob to fill the airports once again. This season, avoid stress and spaz outs with tips for ensuring peaceful and efficient airport travel.
1. Airline Tricks
If you have a baby, most airlines will let you check their car seat, crib and stroller for free; so don’t be afraid to pack everything you need for fear or checked baggage fees! To top that off, most major carriers give priority boarding to people with young kids, all you have to do is ask!
2. Travel with Carry-Ons
My favorite way to beat the airport blues is to squeeze everything into my 21 inch carry-on bag. As long as I check in the night before, I’ve gotten to the airport only 20 minutes before pre-board because I don’t have to check my bag according to the airline’s “hour before” regulations.
You also don’t have to wait the 30-60 minutes after leaving the plane at baggage claim. Buy those tiny plastic bottle toiletry kits and hand pack your favorite products and pop them in to your carry on.
3. Be Flexible
If you have any wiggle room whatsoever, check the “flexible dates” box that most online flight search engines have. You can save a ton of cash on holiday travel by flying at awkward times. Being able to change the date of your flight, even if it’s only by 12 hours gives you a lot of options that will help your wallet as well. I just booked last-minute Christmas travel for eight family members and saved $3,000 by moving their flights a half a day ahead from what I planned.
4. Spring For Economy Plus
In most cases, booking economy plus over regular economy is only about $50 bucks. In exchange for that extra fee is peace of mind, extra leg room, faster boarding/exiting and first grab and the drinks and snacks. If you have a long flight, the extra stretch and recline room will feel especially luxurious.
5. De-stress In The Airline Lounge
You may not know it, but all the major carriers have airline lounges in the airport. For $50 dollars you can gain access to their peaceful world. During the holidays, a lot of us may find ourselves with cancelled flights or major delays due to weather.
A great way to beat the stress in those moments is to head to the lounge, shell out some money and relax. Most lounges have free snacks (some, like Cathay Pacific will even have delish entire meals at your disposal), drinks, comfortable seating, areas to lay down, wifi and all the electrical outlets your heart and smartphone desires!
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30
Continue reading 8 Tips To Survive Holiday Travel Without Pulling Out Your Hair