One of the most difficult tasks in starting a new business is obtaining necessary start-up capital. There are so many costs associated with starting a business and many people feel overwhelmed at just the thought of striking out on their entrepreneurial pursuits.
I know numerous talented, creative and hard-working individuals who have come up with an innovative product or idea and/or who can offer services that nobody has ever implemented, but lack the funding and confidence to pursue them alone. Though lack of funding and investors may serve as the biggest hindrance in the edification of such ideas, products and businesses, there are ways to grow a business without actually needing the assistance of outside investors.
Develop a product or service that is so high in quality, you are able to ask for “bolder price points to match the quality” of what you are offering. It is about believing in your product and service and making others believe in it as well.
2) Forgo Loans and Investors
Years ago I talked a client out of giving up a piece of her business in order to fund several projects she had in the pipeline. I simply believed she could get through the tough time by herself and also that the potential investor lacked the passion to really push the company to the next level. Though bringing investors on board appears to work for those on “Shark Tank,” if you aren’t certain your investment partner will have the same goals and philosophies as you, then it is not worth the headache.
3) Don’t Bite Off More Than You Can Chew
Start off with small orders, projects and sales. Small deals can be more profitable than larger ones and they are great stepping stones to eliminate some unnecessary risks while getting your name, products and services to the masses. The more confidence you build in yourself and your products and services, the more you are likely to make better decisions for the future of your company.
4) Accept The Fact That It Is All On You
You will undoubtedly have to take on all of the risks. If you need money to produce your widgets, you will have to invest your own, even if it is at a slow pace. By investing in yourself, you prove to others that you actually believe in and support your own product. Never expect others to do for you and your new business what you are not willing to do for yourself.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading 4 Tips To Building A Business Without Outside Investors