Now that you wont be partying on an empty stomach anymore, don’t forget to check in with your thirst too lady. Drinking too much alcohol straight out the gate (usually because of dehydration) is always a bad look. Not only will this bring on a hangover nice and quick, you will also be thirstier than you were before you messed around and drained the punch bowl.
So I suggest stashing a bottle of water in your purse. Finish it off on your way to the party. Refill it and down it every other drink. Then take one more bottle to the head before you call it a night. Holla back hangover!
4. Pre-Game For Sure
At the gym not the bar. The best way to burn extra calories before a festive night is interval cardio training. Working out at a high intensity level (duration doesn’t matter so bring on the quickies) has the power to bear a pretty awesome gift- an after burn. Just like it sounds, you will be burning calories well after your workout- and in your case, right while you’re parading around in that new sequins get up.
So here’s the deal, alternate between high intensity exercises (think sprinting or burpees) followed by short moments of rest. This type of workout is known as HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). It can be done anywhere and by anyone. Hit it up!
5. Eat Seconds Always
For real. This is a surprising way to actually eat less at holiday parties. The key though is to keep both helpings small. This is a great tip for parties that have super duper large spreads–before you grab a plate and silverware take a look and see what’s available. Then decide on what you want to try, what you can’t wait to tear up and what you can pass on. Then dig in.
Knowing that you “can” have seconds is a simple way to take advantage of a little personal reverse psychology. Also, try not to label food as good and bad. You can totally have some desert just not the whole cake. Saying “yes” every once in awhile is healthy and welcomed- especially during the holidays.
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading 5 Ways Make Any Holiday Party Healthy