Gordon Jenkins, the mayor of Monticello, N.Y., is under fire after he was captured on video hurling abusive language to police officers after being arrested for drunk driving, CBS New York reports.
The mayor was taken into custody after showing up at the scene of a car accident. A volunteer firefighter noticed that Jenkins looked drunk and notified a police officer. He was arrested on the spot.
Though the already embarrassing arrest got worse when he got to the police station, where he was seated at a table with one hand handcuffed to the wall. In the beginning of the video, Jenkins is heard speaking to himself and using vulgar langauge to describe the police officers. When an officer entered the room to interview Jenkins, he began directing his abusive language towards him.
Here is a rundown of the most controversial remarks made between Jenkins and the officers:
“You know something, Davis?” he says to the officer in the video. “I’m the one that hired you in this job, man. I mean, it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter about that. But you know something? How the f**k you guys going to play the game?”
When the officer later addresses him as “sir,” Jenkins replies: “Don’t call me sir.”
“Mayor? Is that better?” the officer says.
“Don’t call me mayor,” Jenkins replies. “Call me n****r, because that’s what I am when I’m right here in handcuffs. But you know something? I don’t give a f**k.”
Altogether, hours of video were released, showing Jenkins not happy about his arrest.
“What are you going to do? Put me in jail five years? I’ll get out in five years, and I going to f***ing tell you what the f**k you did to me, and I’m going to come back to you,” he tells an officer later.
Jenkins was charged with DWI, refusing a Breathalyzer, obstruction of justice and criminal mischief. The last charge came towards the end of the first video when the mayor stood up, pulled a clock off the wall, and threw it out the door of the interrogation room.
“Why did you break the clock?” an officer asks.
“Because I called you and you didn’t answer, and you f***ed… these cuffs are too tight,” Jenkins said. When the officer returns to the room, he accuses the officer of trying to “humiliate” him.
“It’s a sad situation and I think he needs some help and he should get it,” John Riegler, president of the P.B.A., said.
The mayor has been in trouble with the law before. In 2011, Jenkins pleaded guilty to selling counterfeit sneakers. In 2012, he was cuffed for allegedly hitting a police officer. In July, he appointed his live-in girlfriend, Rochelle Massey, to the village board of trustees.
Jenkins future is unclear, but he may get word on his fate when the Monticello Village Trustees’ meeting takes place on Dec. 6.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Black Town Mayor Racially Abuses Cops After DUI Arrest [VIDEO]