Gordon Jenkins, the mayor of Monticello, N.Y., is under fire after he was captured on video hurling abusive language to police officers after being arrested for drunk driving, CBS New York reports.
The mayor was taken into custody after showing up at the scene of a car accident. A volunteer firefighter noticed that Jenkins looked drunk and notified a police officer. He was arrested on the spot.
Though the already embarrassing arrest got worse when he got to the police station, where he was seated at a table with one hand handcuffed to the wall. In the beginning of the video, Jenkins is heard speaking to himself and using vulgar langauge to describe the police officers. When an officer entered the room to interview Jenkins, he began directing his abusive language towards him.
Here is a rundown of the most controversial remarks made between Jenkins and the officers:
“You know something, Davis?” he says to the officer in the video. “I’m the one that hired you in this job, man. I mean, it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter about that. But you know something? How the f**k you guys going to play the game?”
When the officer later addresses him as “sir,” Jenkins replies: “Don’t call me sir.”
“Mayor? Is that better?” the officer says.
“Don’t call me mayor,” Jenkins replies. “Call me n****r, because that’s what I am when I’m right here in handcuffs. But you know something? I don’t give a f**k.”
Altogether, hours of video were released, showing Jenkins not happy about his arrest.
“What are you going to do? Put me in jail five years? I’ll get out in five years, and I going to f***ing tell you what the f**k you did to me, and I’m going to come back to you,” he tells an officer later.
Jenkins was charged with DWI, refusing a Breathalyzer, obstruction of justice and criminal mischief. The last charge came towards the end of the first video when the mayor stood up, pulled a clock off the wall, and threw it out the door of the interrogation room.
“Why did you break the clock?” an officer asks.
“Because I called you and you didn’t answer, and you f***ed… these cuffs are too tight,” Jenkins said. When the officer returns to the room, he accuses the officer of trying to “humiliate” him.
“It’s a sad situation and I think he needs some help and he should get it,” John Riegler, president of the P.B.A., said.
The mayor has been in trouble with the law before. In 2011, Jenkins pleaded guilty to selling counterfeit sneakers. In 2012, he was cuffed for allegedly hitting a police officer. In July, he appointed his live-in girlfriend, Rochelle Massey, to the village board of trustees.
Jenkins future is unclear, but he may get word on his fate when the Monticello Village Trustees’ meeting takes place on Dec. 6.
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading Black Town Mayor Racially Abuses Cops After DUI Arrest [VIDEO]