La’Reese Darville, of Port St. Lucie, Fla., was arrested Monday on fraud and grand theft charges after the cops accused her of using her company’s credit cards to pay for most of her wedding costs, The Palm Beach Post reports.
After she was released from the St. Lucie County Jail on $,7,500 bail, Darville told The Post that the arrest stemmed from a big misunderstanding. She told the newspaper that the charges were made with the permission of her father, Leroy Felix, a part-owner of her employer, Partners III Pawn Shop.
Derville claims Felix gave her a credit card number connected to the business to pay for the wedding.
“It’s been said, or worded, that the card was stolen,” Darville said. “I called. He gave me the number and (said) ‘use it’. I used it and it was being paid back, so I have no idea what the whole big deal is about, but (certainly) it was a huge mix-up.”
But that doesn’t seem to be the case. On Nov. 17, the cops were called to the pawn shop over questionable charges made to company credit cards. Here are some more details on the case:
They spoke with two other owners, Keith Angelotti and Scott Matthews. Angelotti and Matthews said Darville, their operations manager, takes care of their finances. The three owners have individual Bank of America credit cards for the company’s account, and Matthews is the primary name on the account.
On Nov. 12, the bank called Matthews to say he was late on making payments. He found out the card was overdrawn about $10,000. He also discovered that Felix’s card was charged about $10,000 and Angelotti’s card was charged about $28,000.
The charges were from wedding vendors — such as photographers and planners — and for renting the casino. Police said Matthews asked Felix about the transactions, and Felix said he didn’t know anything about it.
Matthews and Angelotti spoke with Darville, a store employee for about eight years. She acknowledged using the cards for her wedding but blamed it on her father. She said she never told him about the $10,000, but he told her one time she could use Angelotti’s card.
Darville said she recently left the company and is now a stay-at-home mother.
When Darville spoke to the cops Monday, she admitted to using a company credit card 14 times to pay for wedding expenses, but told them she intended on repaying the business in full. Police did say she had permission to use her father’s credit card, but did not have permission to charge $39,286.24 to the company’s account. While Darville said she has repaid $17,161.49, she was not able to produce a record of it.
“I just can’t imagine what was going through her brain that day,” said Sara Kauss, a Jupiter-based photographer, who said she enjoyed meeting the Darvilles and working the wedding. “She should have worked hard and saved up and then planned this wedding.”
Based on photos from the wedding that took place at the Rock Cafe in Hollywood, at least she and her new husband, Darelle, apparently had a blast–just not on their own dime, that is.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Bride Allegedly Used Company Credit Cards To Bank Roll Wedding