If you look up the word “drama” there’s probably a picture of Kanye West along with the definition.
The latest example of West bringing the drama happened Tuesday morning when he appeared on the “Sway in the Morning” radio show (with Sway Calloway) on the Shade 45 channel on Sirius XM satellite radio.
Kanye was there to promote his Yeezus Tour when things went left. Keep in mind, Ye and Sway, who’s also an MTV fixture, are supposedly longtime friends (maybe Kanye forgot that). Anyway, they were discussing topics such as classism, billionaires, and the obstacles he (West) faces from corporations uninterested in funding his designs.
When Sway asked, “Why don’t you empower yourself … and do it yourself?” — it was on and poppin’.
“How Sway?!” West yelled.”You ain’t got the answers man! You ain’t got the answers Sway! I’ve been doing this more than you! You aint’ got the answers! You ain’t been doing the education … you trying to give me advice about something … you ain’t got the answers. You ain’t spent 13 million dollars of your own money trying to empower yourself!”
Uh oh, Calloway, who was obviously and rightfully agitated, fired back with: “You ain’t gotta turn up. This ain’t no f—in’ show … I’m talking to you as a homie,” he said. “I’m tryna understand your world because when I go to your concert, I’m curious about what you’re saying … You ain’t gotta turn up on me. Man to man, dog…f— these mics, we can turn all this s–t off. You an’t gotta do this, it’s cool. I love you bro … Don’t try to embarrass us.”
After a while, West cooled down and apologized before likening the verbal squabble to an argument between slaves; he then explained why he was buggin’.
“The thing that compresses me is time versus money,” West explained. “Integrity, money and relevance, because as I work on clothing more, I’m not rapping as much. [If] I’m not rapping as much…I’m not having as much finances, I’m losing relevancy. The relevancy is part of my power that allows my brand to be big.”
Listen to the fireworks above.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/7-10/14)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Nite | to the tune of @cnn 😞
1 of 25
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.
16 of 25
17. On set of #beingmaryjane like... ❤️😬💃🏾
17 of 25
18. #carouselofhope@yvetteshelton100@makeupbylatrice @thestacetheface@marialuciahohan24
18 of 25
19. I refuse to let a little cold stop me from my daily routines to greatness. #onlythestrongsurvive #warriors
19 of 25
20. Big things begin with big THINKING... #BusinessEthics #SetLife 🎥
20 of 25
21. Goodnight - here's a song
21 of 25
22. Words can't explain the feeling that I have right now.....God is good. look momma I made it. #Harts #Blessed #WhatNow #comedicrockstarshit #4DaysAway
22 of 25
23. I tried to get a better video with out the nasty bib but she started getting mad at me..lol! Big cuz @the_queen_caitlin trying to show her what to do. #MamasToots #HeirBear👑💜
23 of 25
24. Gorgeous Serena joined Beyoncé in Formation last night on stage in New Jersey!!!
24 of 25
25. 😜 @lifeofdesiigner & @rockohill
25 of 25