If you look up the word “drama” there’s probably a picture of Kanye West along with the definition.
The latest example of West bringing the drama happened Tuesday morning when he appeared on the “Sway in the Morning” radio show (with Sway Calloway) on the Shade 45 channel on Sirius XM satellite radio.
Kanye was there to promote his Yeezus Tour when things went left. Keep in mind, Ye and Sway, who’s also an MTV fixture, are supposedly longtime friends (maybe Kanye forgot that). Anyway, they were discussing topics such as classism, billionaires, and the obstacles he (West) faces from corporations uninterested in funding his designs.
When Sway asked, “Why don’t you empower yourself … and do it yourself?” — it was on and poppin’.
“How, Sway?!” West yelled.”You ain’t got the answers man! You ain’t got the answers, Sway! I’ve been doing this more than you! You aint’ got the answers! You ain’t been doing the education … you trying to give me advice about something … you ain’t got the answers. You ain’t spent 13 million dollars of your own money trying to empower yourself!”
Calloway, who was obviously and rightfully agitated, fired back with: “You ain’t gotta turn up. This ain’t no f—in’ show … I’m talking to you as a homie,” he said. “I’m tryna understand your world because when I go to your concert, I’m curious about what you’re saying … You ain’t gotta turn up on me. Man to man, dog…f— these mics, we can turn all this s–t off. You an’t gotta do this, it’s cool. I love you bro … Don’t try to embarrass us.”
After a while, West cooled down and apologized before likening the verbal squabble to an argument between slaves; he then explained why he was buggin’.
“The thing that compresses me is time versus money,” West explained. “Integrity, money and relevance, because as I work on clothing more, I’m not rapping as much. [If] I’m not rapping as much…I’m not having as much finances, I’m losing relevancy. The relevancy is part of my power that allows my brand to be big.”
Listen to the fireworks above.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25