One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (8/21-8/27)
- 'Being Mary Jane' Returns Oct. 20 With Jill Scott, Loretta Devine As Guest Stars [VIDEO]
- South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley Wants #BlackLivesMatter Activists To Chill [WATCH]
- Sanaa Lathan Says Recent Success Of Movies With Black Casts Not “A Freak Thing”
- From Nola To ATL: A Countdown On The Top Black Tourist Destinations
- New Ferguson Report Details Mistakes And Missteps In Handling Mass Protests