One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- This Week's Hottest Celebrity Instagrams (1/16-1/23)
- Viola Davis, Uzo Aduba, 'Orange Is The New Black' Winners At SAG Awards [VIDEO]
- SWV Talks New Season Of 'SWV Reunited', Who They'd Vote Out The Group
- Historic Storm Headed For Northeast Corridor
- Sybil Wilkes talks with Bill Duke about his book "Dark Girls"
- Love Don't Live Here Anymore: Celebrities Who Were Betrayed By Their Spouses