One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagram (7/24-7/30)
- The New Face Of Depression: The “Strong” Black Woman
- 21 Instagram Cuties That You May Not Know
- Michelle Obama Says Even She Wants To Be Beyoncé
- No Family Here: U.S. Justice Department Says St. Louis Family Court Discriminates Against Black Teens
- Caribbean Queen: Rihanna Turns All The Way Up For Kadooment Day [PHOTOS]