One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- This Week's Hottest Celebrity Instagrams (11/28-12/5)
- How Will Normalized Relations With Cuba Impact Liberation Heroine Assata Shakur?
- What In The Weekend With Nikki Woods: Happy Holidays!
- 5 Ways ‘Selma’ Can Inspire Today’s #BlackLivesMatter Movement
- WATCH: Top Viral Videos of 2014
- Really! They Dated?