One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- The Hottest Celebrity Instagrams (3/20-3/27)
- The Congressional Black Caucus Could Derail Benjamin Netanyahu’s Plans
- Tasha Smith Ordered To Pay Ex-Husband 7K In Spousal Support
- Was Mo’Ne Davis Too Quick To Forgive? Are We?
- Destiny’s Child Reunites For “Say Yes” Performance At 2015 Stellar Awards
- Nickelodeon's 28th Annual Kids' Choice Awards