One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- This Week's Hottest Celebrity Pics (9/12-9/19)
- What In The Weekend With Nikki Woods: 'Being' Tamar
- Celebrity Male Sex Symbols That Don't Have Kids - And We're Shocked!
- VIDEO: Torrei Hart: 'I'm Not Bitter About My Breakup With Kevin'
- New James Brown Books Detail Murder and Domestic Abuse Involving Late Singer
- Kandi Burruss’ ‘A Mother’s Love’ Play Canceled; She Issues Statement