One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/3-10/9)
- The Million Man March - 20 Years Later, Its Ideals Are Still Valid
- Draya Leaves 'Basketball Wives: LA' Says Reality TV 'Ruins Families'
- Two White, Fla. Cops Attack Unarmed Black Woman Filming Husband’s Arrest
- Janet Jackson Makes History With Seventh #1 Album
- Celebrities with Skin Conditions