One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- This Week's Hottest Celebrity Instagrams (4/3-4/10)
- Protests In Baltimore After Man Dies In Police Custody
- Kandi Says ‘RHOA’ Could Survive Without NeNe; Brandy Talks ‘Empire’ (Watch)
- Guess Who K. Michelle Wants Back?!
- Officer Who Killed Rekia Boyd Not Guilty Of All Charges
- Cuteness Overload: Celebrity Family Moments That Made Us Say "Aww"