One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (8/28-9/3)
- Happy 34th Queen Bey! The Best Beyonce Moments Ever!
- Howard University Students Protest Rats, Mold, Inefficiency In #TakeBackHU
- Kim Coles’ Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- 5 Must Have, Kid-Friendly Gadgets You'll Need This Fall [PHOTOS]
- 2015 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion