One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- This Week's Hottest Celebrity Instagrams (2/20-2/27)
- Pharrell Testifies In 'Blurred Lines' Case: 'I Didn't Copy Marvin Gaye'
- Howard University To Pay Students Who Graduate On Time
- Hillary Clinton's Private Email Use Questioned
- Movie Throwback Thursday: 'ATL 2' And 'Independence Day 2' Confirmed [PHOTO]
- Celebrities in Need of Anger Management