One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- The Hottest Celebrity Instagrams (3/20-3/27)
- Man Gets Arrested After Throwing A Banana Peel At Dave Chappelle On Stage In New Mexico
- U.S. Home Prices Show Modest Increase
- Michelle Obama Sparks Social Media Outrage Over Appearance At 'Black Girls Rock'
- Aaron Hernandez' Fiancee Testifies That She Disposed Of Mystery Box [WATCH]
- Our Top Choices for 'The Wiz' Musical Cast