One of the main illustrations of the Black is Beautiful movement was the Don Cornelius’ 1969 creation of Soul Train. With a full African American cast of dancers and advertisers targeting the Black is Beautiful movement, Soul Train was the first and largest outreach to the black community that glamorized the physical diversities of Black America. The legacy lasted for three decades on television.
- Karrueche Catches Backlash For Blue Ivy 'Hair' Comment, BET Responds [UPDATE]
- Idris, Keke, Kerry, Uzo & More At The 66th Annual Emmy Awards
- Mimi Faust: 'I'm Horrible At Picking Men'
- Angela Bassett on Whitney Biopic Backlash: ‘Controversy Can Be Good’
- Fed Involvement Doesn't Mean Easy Conviction in Police Shootings
- This Week's Hottest Instagram Pics (8/15-8/22)