LOS ANGELES (AP) — A rehab center where Chris Brown voluntarily enrolled for treatment says the singer was discharged after throwing a rock through his mother’s car window.
The letter from the facility was included in a probation report that was given to a Los Angeles judge and prosecutors Wednesday.
Superior Court Judge James Brandlin considered the report when he ordered Brown to spend three months in a residential treatment facility.
The rehab center is not identified in the letter, but it states that Brown threw the rock at his mother’s car after a joint counseling session Nov. 10. The incident was a violation of an agreement the singer made to refrain from violence when he entered treatment.
Brown agreed to renewed treatment in court Wednesday.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James R. Brandlin on Wednesday ordered Brown to serve three months in a residential treatment facility and to submit to drug testing. The judge also ordered the R&B singer to perform at least 24 hours of community labor per week.
Brown appeared in court for the first time since he was arrested last month on a misdemeanor assault charge in Washington, D.C. Since then, he voluntarily entered and left a rehab program for anger management.
Brown’s attorney Mark Geragos said the terms imposed by the judge were recommended by probation officers and the singer has agreed to abide by them.
The Grammy-winner may still face a probation violation for the incident in Washington, however Brandlin ordered probation officials to gather additional details about the case and report back for a Dec. 16 hearing.
A 20-year-old man accused Brown of punching him after he tried to get in a photo with the singer. Brown denied to police that he hit the man but was charged with misdemeanor assault and is due to appear in court Monday.
Brandlin said Brown is allowed to travel for the hearing if necessary, but his ruling makes clear that the expectation for the singer for the next few months is to receive treatment and perform community labor such as graffiti removal or roadside cleanup.
Brown was ordered earlier this year to re-do 1,000 hours of community labor that are part of his sentence for felony assault in the 2009 beating of Rihanna, his girlfriend at the time.
The singer appeared in court Wednesday with his girlfriend Karrueche Tran and only spoke once to acknowledge he agreed to the terms imposed by the judge.
At Geragos’ request, Brown was also ordered to take any medications his doctor prescribed.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31