During an interview with Philadelphia’s Hot 107.9, Kanye “Yeezus” West said that President Barack Obama is not on his priority list, but that he should keep Kim Kardashian‘s name out of his mouth, reports TMZ.com.
As previously reported by NewsOne, during an interview with David Blum for Kindle Singles, Obama reflected on the distortion of the American Dream, blaming hyper-exposure to “the rich and famous” for youth having unrealistic perspectives of what qualifies as success. According to the POTUS, instead of striving for a quality education and a good job, young people now seek an extravagant lifestyle:
“The American Dream involved some pretty basic stuff. A good job where you felt some security. A good education… People felt if they worked hard they could get there… I don’t think people went around saying to themselves, ‘I need to have a 10,000-square-foot house’… I think, there has also been a shift in culture. We weren’t exposed to the things we didn’t have in the same way that kids these days are. There was not that window into the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Kids weren’t monitoring every day what Kim Kardashian was wearing, or where Kanye West was going on vacation, and thinking that somehow that was the mark of success.”
Apparently, the president’s statement not only bothered Mama Jenner, but West, who claimed in an interview with Ryan Seacrest that Kardashian is more influential than First Lady Michelle Obama — and more physically attractive.
“There’s no way Kim Kardashian shouldn’t be on the cover of Vogue [The First Lady has graced the over twice]. She’s like the most intriguing woman right now. She’s got Barbara Walters calling her like everyday,’ West said. “No one is looking at what [Barack Obama] is wearing. Michelle Obama cannot Instagram a pic like what my girl Instagrammed the other day.”
The picture West is referring to is one that Kardashian posted of her backside on Instagram. See picture by clicking here.
The beef between West and Obama goes back to 2009 when the POTUS first called West a jackass for interrupting Taylor Swift at the MTV Video Music Awards.
President Obama doubled down on his assessment of West in a 2012 interview with The Atlantic. When asked whether he preferred Jay Z or West, Obama said Jigga was the clear winner:
“Although I like Kanye,” Obama continues, with an easy smile. “He’s a Chicago guy. Smart. He’s very talented.” He is displaying his larger awareness of the question, looking relaxed, cerebral but friendly, alive to the moment, waiting for me to get to the heart of the matter.
“Even though you called him a jackass?,” I ask.
“He is a jackass,” Obama says, in his likable and perfectly balanced modern-professorial voice. “But he’s talented.”
The fact that they’re “both from Chicago” is what West wants President Obama to remember.
During the 107.9 interview, the “Strange Fruit” rapper said that the president “used” him to solidify his spot in pop culture: “Oh, you talking about how he use to come and visit me and my mama and tell me that he’s about to run for president? I just think that we’re pop icons, and the president likes to use that type of thing just to be down and stuff.”
When the hosts said that his point was valid, but jokingly asked him to leave First Lady Obama alone, West said, “Well I feel like he shouldn’t mention my baby mama name…You know, we both from Chicago, and you know…”
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.