In regard to strength training, lifting weight lighter than your purse ladies is pointless. I mean if you can toss your new designer satchel from shoulder to shoulder with ease then why would you expect those 3lb weights to reap results?
According to Archer, “the weight that you lift should be heavy enough that you are tired by eight repetitions and that you cannot perform more than 15 with adequate form.” Muscles have to be challenged in order to be changed, so grab those 10lb dumbbells!
Abs Are Made In The Kitchen
Seriously. Results are the “result” of 20 percent exercise, 80 percent diet and 100 percent commitment. So with that said, Archer recommends checking in with all the “many apps created to help you journal and monitor your diet.” Also, having a nutritional analysis done can help make sure you’re eating the right balance of carbs, proteins and fats. All of these things are an important part of a healthy diet so be sure to “fuel” your results properly.
Relax And Unwind
For sleep and stress management make sure you are getting 6 to 8 hours of sleep a night. Typically, more is better. And, make sure that you manage stress through learning relaxation techniques. “Yoga or meditation can be very helpful” when it comes to unwinding after long stressful days says Archer. High stress means high cortisol levels, and this “highness” dear princess will keep your body holding on to unwanted fat. In addition to this, cortisol breaks down hard earned muscle mass, so reducing stress is an important part of effective weight training too.
Examine Your Self Talk
Up your self love. “Do you beat yourself up when you don’t think you’re doing enough or do you praise yourself for making an effort to do the right things for your health?” Archer asks. Not paying attention to these two things can be the missing link between your current state and your desired state. Even if the results are not instant, keeping a positive attitude is very important.
Reward yourself for any job well done, because showing up and making an effort (any effort) is important. “You are awesome. Believe it. Trust yourself and keep on trying.” Add these encouraging words from Archer to your FitSpiration notebook and watch “success” make an everlasting imprint on your life.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Weight Loss Woes: 5 Things You Need To Do To See Results