In regard to strength training, lifting weight lighter than your purse ladies is pointless. I mean if you can toss your new designer satchel from shoulder to shoulder with ease then why would you expect those 3lb weights to reap results?
According to Archer, “the weight that you lift should be heavy enough that you are tired by eight repetitions and that you cannot perform more than 15 with adequate form.” Muscles have to be challenged in order to be changed, so grab those 10lb dumbbells!
Abs Are Made In The Kitchen
Seriously. Results are the “result” of 20 percent exercise, 80 percent diet and 100 percent commitment. So with that said, Archer recommends checking in with all the “many apps created to help you journal and monitor your diet.” Also, having a nutritional analysis done can help make sure you’re eating the right balance of carbs, proteins and fats. All of these things are an important part of a healthy diet so be sure to “fuel” your results properly.
Relax And Unwind
For sleep and stress management make sure you are getting 6 to 8 hours of sleep a night. Typically, more is better. And, make sure that you manage stress through learning relaxation techniques. “Yoga or meditation can be very helpful” when it comes to unwinding after long stressful days says Archer. High stress means high cortisol levels, and this “highness” dear princess will keep your body holding on to unwanted fat. In addition to this, cortisol breaks down hard earned muscle mass, so reducing stress is an important part of effective weight training too.
Examine Your Self Talk
Up your self love. “Do you beat yourself up when you don’t think you’re doing enough or do you praise yourself for making an effort to do the right things for your health?” Archer asks. Not paying attention to these two things can be the missing link between your current state and your desired state. Even if the results are not instant, keeping a positive attitude is very important.
Reward yourself for any job well done, because showing up and making an effort (any effort) is important. “You are awesome. Believe it. Trust yourself and keep on trying.” Add these encouraging words from Archer to your FitSpiration notebook and watch “success” make an everlasting imprint on your life.
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30
Continue reading Weight Loss Woes: 5 Things You Need To Do To See Results