It’s been eight months since Pedro Quezada (pictured right) got lucky by winning the fourth-largest lottery pot in history at a whopping $338 million. Now Quezada is being sued by his former 10-year live-in girlfriend, Inez Sanchez (pictured), for reportedly not sharing his wealth because, in his eyes, they were never legally married, according to The Record.
When Quezada collected his winnings, he actually told reporters at a press conference last March that he would buy Sanchez “whatever she wants.”
But now the script has been flipped: According to Quezada’s attorneys, his live-in love of 10 years and the Mother of one of his children is not deserving of a red cent because she is not his wife.
Sanchez’s attorneys totally disagree with Quezada’s alleged penny-pinching ways and argue that he and their client purchased the winning ticket with their earnings as a couple.
In 2006. the then-couple opened up a bodega in Passaic, New Jersey, which was run by Quezada’s son. After the feds took their huge chunk out of Quezada’s winnings, he was left with a whopping $152 million. Last Friday, during a court proceeding, a judge decided not to throw out the Sanchez lawsuit but she did decide not to freeze his monies as was requested by the complainant’s legal team.
Instead, the Superior Court Chancery Judge Margaret Mary McVeigh acknowledged the relationship between Sanchez and Quezada and their shared contributions to their former household.
Legally, however, the judge could not freeze Quezada’s assets.
“That’s what money does to people: It changes positive relationships into bad ones,” McVeigh stated. “It doesn’t always enhance a relationship, or bring out people’s better qualities. Her [Sanchez’s] life has been up-ended by this winning ticket…But I am a judge. I don’t create the law. I have to follow it.”
Either way, Quezada’s attorneys contend that a major portion of his winnings are gone: $57 million was sent to Quezada’s homeland of the Dominican Republic, $5 million was given away, $300,000 was used to purchase a Clifton, N.J., home, and $20 million has reportedly just poofed into air.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading $338 Million Lottery Winner’s 10-Year Live-In Girlfriend Takes Him To Court For Not Sharing Wealth