For IPAD/IPHONE users:
“Fashion Queens” is back on Bravo, baby and you better not miss a thing, lest you get read. If you haven’t already seen it, the show stars celebrity hairstylists Derek J and Miss Lawrence of reality TV fame, both of whom were featured on Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.” With co-host Bevy Smith, the show returns on Sunday night at 11:30 p.m.
“You know it’s going to be a whole lot of shade and a whole lot of breeze, that’s what we do,” Miss Lawrence told the Tom Joyner Morning Show.
“But it’s all out of love,” Derek adds. Yeah, right.
Derek J has made headlines in advance of the show’s Season 2 premiere with the controversy generated on Instagram when he was photographed with a friend. Given his friend’s more traditionally masculine appearance, several Instagram users speculated about their relationship, his friend’s sexuality and how it was a “shame” that he must be gay.
In turn, Derek responded to miffed females with this zinger “The — is not going to waste, it’s just not going into you.” So imagine with this second season on “Fashion Queens” is going to be like. “That’s just a friend,” says Derek. “Believe me, when I have boyfriends, nobody will know who it is. No, I don’t have a boyfriend.”
Back on track for “Fashion Queens” – the show will take on pop culture moments and expose fashion flaws similar to what they do on E!’s “Fashion Police,” but as Sybil explains “but funny.” Ouch, Sybil!
“It’s must-view TV,” is Sybil’s endorsement.
Follow Derek J @DerekJHair Follow Miss Lawrence @mslawrenceatl at Follow Bevy Smith @BevySmith
Out and Proud Celebrities
25 photos Launch gallery
1. EJ Johnson
1 of 25
2. Robin Roberts announced her sexual orientation on Facebook in 2013. (Photo: AP)
2 of 25
3. CNN Anchor Don Lemon
3 of 25
4. Previously married to a man for seven years, Wanda Sykes officially came out in 2008.
4 of 25
5. NBA player Jason Collins
5 of 25
6. Fitness trainer Shaun T came out in 2013 and married his longtime boyfriend.
6 of 25
7. Michael Sam announced he was gay in an ESPN interview.
7 of 25
8. Singer Meshell Ndegeocello is an open lesbian and huge advocate for gay rights.(PR)
8 of 25
9. Orlando Cruz is the first active, openly gay boxer.
9 of 25
10. Elton John announced he was gay in 1976, and has been openly out since. (PR)
10 of 25
11. Director and Producer Paris Barclay has been with his partner for 14 years. (PR)
11 of 25
12. R&B singer Frank Ocean recently divulged to the world that his first love was a man. (AP)
12 of 25
13. André Leon Talley, fashion icon and editor at Vogue Magazine. (PR)
13 of 25
14. TV personality and hair stylist Miss Lawrence.
14 of 25
15. Singer Melissa Etheridge announced she was a lesbian in 1993 and has been a huge gay rights activist since. (PR)
15 of 25
16. "Precious" and "The Butler" director Lee Daniels
16 of 25
17. Andre Charles or famously known as drag queen RuPaul has been openly gay for many years. (PR)
17 of 25
18. Ellen Degeneres and Portia De Rossi have been married for four years. (PR)
18 of 25
19. Famous Latino singer Ricky Martin finally came out as gay in 2010. (PR)
19 of 25
20. Famous Choreographer Bill T. Jones is openly gay. (PR)
20 of 25
21. Former N'Sync band member Lance Bass announced he was gay in 2006. (PR)
21 of 25
22. "Fast Car" singer Tracy Chapman. (PR)
22 of 25
23. Anderson Cooper came out in an open email to fans. (AP)
23 of 25
24. Celebrity hair Stylist and TV personality Derek J.
24 of 25
25. Catwalk coach Miss J. Alexander.
25 of 25