More than four million people watched the TLC biopic on VH-1 on a Monday night no less. Some of the people I talked to have said, “CrazySexyCool” is right up there with “The Temptations” and “The Jackson’s: An American Dream,” two made-for -TV movies that fans find themselves watching no matter how many times it airs.
Like both of those movies, the audience relies on facts told by a person or people very close to the groups. “CrazySexyCool” is Chilli’s and T-Boz’s account of what happened, and that hasn’t been good for Pebbles.
Not surprisingly, TLC’s former manager wasn’t happy being portrayed as the greedy, unscrupulous woman who allegedly mismanaged the trio’s funds, cheated them out of millions and treated them like crap.
Since the movie aired, she’s been the butt of jokes and in some circles she’s come close to becoming the most hated women in show business.
But what would you do if you were Pebbles? Because as bad as she looked in the movie, there has to be another side of the story and we haven’t heard it yet.
She did respond to a promotional radio interview where Chilli and T-Boz reportedly discussed how the group had been wronged. Here is one of several Tweets from Pebbles: “I’m in shock listening to all this mess and lies on this radio interview! This is madness!!! It’s SO hard to believe this! DO NOT believe.”
But since the release of “CrazySexyCool”, she has only said via Twitter that she may be seeking legal action.
According to Robin M. Ware, a social media specialist who also consults clients whose reputation, credibility or public image has been damaged, there are some things that are written or said about you that you have to pay attention to, whether it is true or not.
I don’t think she’s gotten a call from Pebbles, but if she had, Robin would have suggested she follow her 5 R’s of Damage Control:
If it questions your integrity, get in front of it as quickly as possible. Don’t go into hiding.
Get someone who can represent you well, someone who knows how to troubleshoot and put a strategy together.
You want to resolve the issue. You don’t owe the world all the details but you can say, yes, I was part of something that didn’t turn out the way I though it would and for that, I’m sorry.
4. Remove yourself
Get out of the limelight! Sometimes the reason we’re in trouble is because we’re tired and not in the right frame of mind. Go on sabbatical, get some rest and come back when you’re refreshed.
We all have things happen in our lives. So come back out after a while and start to live your life again. There’s nothing you can’t rebound from. God is a God of second chances and we should all be thankful for that!
You can catch Robin’s “Mamas Gone Wild” interview about damage control on BlackAmericaWeb.com.
As a spectator in this whole thing, it seems the longer Pebbles let’s this go on, the more time people have to believe everything TLC has said about her is true.
But whether it is or not, it should make us remember that we’re never completely done with our past. It follows us wherever we go.
Is it Karma or is Pebbles getting an unfair rap?
You tell us, Pebbles.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30