Allen Wayne Densen Morgan, reportedly pleaded guilty in federal court on Thursday, after being accused of trying to have his black neighbor killed by concocting a murder-for-hire plot with undercover officers, whom he believed were KKK members, according to All Alabama.
Investigators alleged that Morgan devised the twisted plot last August and sought the help of the white supremacy group, the Ku Klux Klan, to carry it through to the bitter end. Morgan reportedly told an acquaintance about his plan and the unnamed person then leaked the plot to the FBI. On August 22, Morgan spoke to an FBI agent thinking he was actually in contact with a KKK member.
Court documents allege that Morgan used racial slurs to describe his neighbor, whom he believed raped his wife at one point. The 29-year-old Munford, Alabama man then reportedly went on to provide, in graphic details, how he wanted his black neighbor killed.
Morgan, who allegedly told the agent he had fired a few shots at his neighbor for intimidation sake, wanted the man to “die a slow painful death.” He mentioned how he wanted his neighbor “hung from a tree like a deer and gutted.”
Morgan and the undercover FBI agent agreed to meet at a motel, three days after the initial call was placed to describe the killing method. He told the alleged assassin that he and his wife would be covered, as far as having an alibi; she would be hospitalized and he would be at a VA doctor’s appointment. The payment offered for the murder was a watch, necklace and gun.
Morgan met two undercover agents at an Econo Lodge in Oxford, Alabama. When he handed them a map to his neighbor’s home and described the intended victim to the agents, he was cuffed on the spot.
According to court documents, Morgan, an Iraq veteran, also suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which develops after a terrifying ordeal that involved physical harm or the threat of physical harm. PTSD was first brought to public attention in relation to war veterans, but can result from a variety of traumatic incidents. Some of the condition’s side effects are bad dreams, frightening thoughts, flashbacks and feeling on edge. In Morgan’s case, PTSD included suicidal thoughts, which resulted in struggles with substance abuse.
Upon Morgan’s arrest, investigators did learn that his neighbor, the man he wanted killed, had a prior record. In 2008, he was accused of raping a 13-year-old and pleaded guilty to a lesser charge.
On September 26, Morgan was officially charged with using and causing someone else to use interstate facilities and travel with the intent to commit murder-for-hire. According to All Alabama, when Morgan was arraigned on Thursday, the Assistant U.S. Attorney Brad Felton, who is prosecuting the case, stated the government would recommend a sentence reduction because the defendant has accepted responsibility.
Morgan, who faces up to 10 years in prison, will be sentenced on February 27 of next year.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25