LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cee Lo Green has pleaded not guilty to giving a woman ecstasy during a 2012 dinner in Los Angeles.
The singer appeared in court on Monday and entered the plea through his attorney Blair Berk.
The hearing occurred hours after the singer was charged with one felony count of furnishing a controlled substance. He could face up to four years in prison if convicted.
Berk said the singer, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway, was pleased prosecutors declined to pursue a rape charge against him.
She declined comment on the drug-related charge.
Green’s bail was set at $30,000 and his case is due back in court on Nov. 20.
The Life and Times of Cee Lo Green
10 photos Launch gallery
1. 1. Cee Lo Green was born Thomas DeCarlo Callaway May 30, 1974.
1 of 10
2. 2. Green graduated high school from Riverside Military Academy in Gainesville, Georgia.
2 of 10
3. 3. Both of his parents were ordained ministers. He started his music career in his church.
3 of 10
4. 4. Cee Lo was an original member of the Atlanta hip hop group Goodie Mob.
4 of 10
5. 5. Goodie Mob released their first album, Soul Food, in 1995.
5 of 10
6. 6. Cee Lo signed with Arista to begin his solo career and made two albums.
6 of 10
7. 7. On August 14, 2010, Cee Lo released "F**k You!", an instant viral hit.
7 of 10
8. 8. After his second solo album, Cee Lo joined the group Gnarls Barkley.
8 of 10
9. 9. Cee Lo was married to Christina Johnson until they divorced in 2005.
9 of 10
10. 10. His most recent album, The Lady Killer, was released in November 2010.
10 of 10