Beauty products can be so expensive. Especially when you are buying the latest beauty trends and celebrity makeup collaborations. But you know I’m here to save the day–and your wallet! There are a number of really easy ways to stretch those hard-earned dollars without sacrificing the beauty results.
1. Revive Your Nail Polish: If your polish brush no longer reaches the bottom of the bottle, add a few drops of nail polish remover, shake the bottle and voila, new nail polish. You should also invest in a long thin paintbrush to access those hard to reach last bits of polish before trashing the bottle for good.
2. Maximize Mascara: Is your favorite mascara all dried up? Use a hair dryer to heat it up, or soak the tube in hot water to re-liquify. But remember mascara should be thrown out after three to six months of use to avoid infections.
3. Make Lipstick Last: Scrape the lipstick dregs out of bottom of the tube, place inside of a pill-box, contact lens case or a very small plastic paint palette and microwave for about 10 seconds. Then, put the melted lipstick in the fridge to harden in your new “container.” You might need to use a lipstick brush to apply, but that’s much cheaper than a whole new tube of Chanel.
4. Longer Life Lip Liner: To keep lip and eyeliners moist and firm, store them in the refrigerator between uses.
MUST READ: The Healthiest Foundation For Your Skin
5. From Powder to Gloss: Take leftover powdered blush (when it’s cracked and you can hardly get it on the brush) and mix with Vaseline for a pink, sparkly nude lip gloss.
6. From Dust to Gold: If your blush or eye shadow cracks and falls apart, put all of the pieces in a plastic baggie and pound into a powder. Then, dip a make-up brush in to use the powdery bits.
7. Spritz and Save: When your favorite perfumes have vanished into fumes, add water to the perfume bottle, shake it up and transfer to a spray bottle (unless your perfume bottle is already an atomizer, in which case use that). Voila! Instant body spray!
8. Turn Powder to Crème Shadows: To change the look of a powder eye shadow you’ve had for a while, apply a little Vaseline to your lid before applying the shadow for a creamier, richer color that will “pop” and look ultra-modern – like you just visited the latest makeup counter.
9. Freeze Frame: If your makeup keeps melting off while you’re applying it during the hot summer months, open the freezer door and let your face cool down to help your make-up set. That way, you won’t have to keep re-applying and wasting more makeup.
10. Cheap Shine-Stoppers: If you run out of blotting papers and want to de-shine your face on a humid day, toilet seat covers are a great stand-in.
Check out more of my must-read beauty tips below:
Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair
1. Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair1 of 53
2. Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow + Restore ConditionerSource:Walmart 2 of 53
3. Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl + Style MilkSource:Walmart 3 of 53
4. Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave in Conditioner 8.5 Oz4 of 53
5. Miss Jessie's Quick Curls5 of 53
6. Eden Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Oil6 of 53
7. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free ShampooSource:Walmart 7 of 53
8. Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine PomadeSource:Walmart 8 of 53
9. Hair Rules Quench Conditioner9 of 53
10. Kinky Curly Knot Today10 of 53
11. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Leave-In MoisturizerSource:Walmart 11 of 53
12. Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls12 of 53
13. Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner13 of 53
14. Shea Terra Organics Argan and Ghassool Shampoo Bar14 of 53
15. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner15 of 53
16. As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing ConditionerSource:Walmart 16 of 53
17. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil ShampooSource:courtesy of Organix 17 of 53
18. Curl Junkie Honey Butta Leave In Conditioner18 of 53
19. EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi All Natural Conditioner19 of 53
20. Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner20 of 53
21. Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo21 of 53
22. Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo22 of 53
23. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo23 of 53
24. Motions Hair Naturally You Products24 of 53
25. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In ConditionerSource:Cantu 25 of 53
26. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock GelSource:Cantu 26 of 53
27. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming ShampooSource:courtesy of Beautiful Textures 27 of 53
28. Beautiful Textures Moisture ButterSource:courtesy of Moisture Butter 28 of 53
29. Ojon Damage Reverse ShampooSource:courtesy of Ojon 29 of 53
30. Ojon Damage Reverse ConditionerSource:courtesy of Ojon 30 of 53
31. OBIA Curl Hydration SpraySource:OBIA 31 of 53
32. Ouidad Heat and Humidity GelSource:courtesy of Ouidad 32 of 53
33. Giovanni All-Natural Hair Styling Mousse Air-Turbo Charged33 of 53
34. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing GelSource:Ouidad 34 of 53
35. AG Re:coil35 of 53
36. Curly Hair Solutions Curl KeeperSource:Curly Hair Solutions 36 of 53
37. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme LiteSource:Curl Junkie 37 of 53
38. Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue38 of 53
39. Tigi Catwalk Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier39 of 53
40. Aussie Moist Shampoo40 of 53
41. Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel41 of 53
42. Moroccanoil Hydrating ShampooSource:Moroccanoil 42 of 53
43. Moroccanoil Hydrating ConditionerSource:Moroccanoil 43 of 53
44. Moroccanoil Hair TreatmentSource:Moroccanoil 44 of 53
45. Softsheen Carson Optimum Amla Legend Billion Hair Potion45 of 53
46. Agadir Oil Hair Treatment46 of 53
47. Mixed Chick Leave-In Conditioner47 of 53
48. Yarok HairSource:yarokhair.com 48 of 53
49. Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Conditioner49 of 53
50. WEN Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing ConditionerSource:ChazDean.com 50 of 53
51. Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner51 of 53
52. Jane Carter Solution All Natural Nourish and Shine for Dry Hair and Dry SkinSource:Jane Carter Solution 52 of 53
53. Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash ConditionerSource:Pantene/Pantene.com 53 of 53
Follow me @gorgeousingrey
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With The Latest Style & Beauty Trends