7-Year-Old Philly Boy Burned By School Lunch

Comments: 2  | Leave A Comment
  • advertisement
  • A 7-year-old boy was burned after he tried opening a pouch of meat during lunch at Pennell Elementary school in Philadelphia on Friday, Fox 29 News reports.

    “I was trying to open it, and I smashed it. And it splattered all over my face and my clothes,” Ja-Kye Robinson said. “It felt hot, and it burned.”

    What was suppose to be noontime meal of turkey taco meat over nacho chips ended up burning the boy. He was taken to the principal’s office for treatment, but even that raised questions–like, “where’s the nurse?” The principal and staff tended to Ja-Kye by helping him apply ice to the wound. When his parents were notified, they immediately took him to the emergency room where he was treated for the injury.

    He suffered second-degree burns.

    Ja-Kye will be fine, but his parents were upset over the whole incident, starting with the temperature of the food. “Why would you feed a 7 year old first grader food that hot? Why? It don’t make no sense,” John Ambrose, Ja-Kye’s father said.

    1 2 Next page »

    Tags: » » »

    • More Related Content

    Comments

    2 thoughts on “7-Year-Old Philly Boy Burned By School Lunch

    Add Your Comment

    Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

    WordPress.com Logo

    You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

    Twitter picture

    You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

    Facebook photo

    You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

    Google+ photo

    You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

    Connecting to %s