Singer Kelly Rowland does want to start a family one day, but contrary to recent rumors going around, she says it’s not in the cards just yet.
Specifically, there has been talk around town that Ms. Kelly Rowland and boyfriend Tim Witherspoon went off and got married. Well the “Dirty Laundry” singer set the record straight during her recent interview with E! News; while still adding in her plans for a family in the future.
“I don’t know. Too busy with the career,” Kelly told Terrence J. “I do want kids, I do want to be married. But, I want one kid.”
While most people dream of big families, Kelly feels one child will allow her to focus her time on ensuring her baby turns out “nice, smart and mentally stable.” But she is letting us all know that she isn’t adding a baby room to her home anytime soon. She does love kids, but would much rather babysit for friends and family when needed.
“It’s been a minute [since I babysat]. I think I would really enjoy it right now, because I just need to hold a kid and give it back. Sometimes it’s good birth control,” she said before explaining that there’s one big thing keeping her from starting a family. “I’m still selfish.”
She added, “I like my time, I like to wake up whenever I want to and I like to come and go as I please. I don’t know if I’m ready to share that time with another person, I don’t wanna mess them up.”
Girl Power: R&B Girl Groups
1. 1. Group En Vogue is known for best for their hit song "Hold On." (Photo: Retna)1 of 10
2. 2. The Las Vegas-based group was founded by Missy Elliott. (The Urban Daily)2 of 10
3. 3. The group Blaque made its first appearance in a Lil' Kim video. (Photo: Retna)3 of 10
4. 4. Brownstone is known best for its hit song "If You Love Me." (Photo: EURweb)4 of 10
5. 5. Destiny's Child was formed in Houston and has sold over 40 million albums. (Retna)5 of 10
6. 6. The group Jade is best known for the hit song "Don't Walk Away."6 of 10
7. 7. MoKenStef is best known for the hit song "He's Mine." (The Urban Daily)7 of 10
8. 8. Sisters With Voices originally formed as a gospel group in the 90's. (Photo: Rance Elgin)8 of 10
9. 9. TLC has been ranked one of the greatest musical trios.9 of 10
10. 10. Total was one of the signature acts of Bad Boy Records. (The Urban Daily)10 of 10