Two of Hollywood’s hottest stars, Boris Kodjoe and Paula Patton get the plot of David E. Talbert’s new film “Baggage Claim” jump started with a skin-filled love scene. The film is based on Talbert’s 2005 novel of the same name.
Patton stars as Montana Moore, a not-so-spring chicken who’s looking to find true love with a special man from the “been-there-done-that” list in her little black book. With help from her animated friends Gail (Jill Scott) and Sam (Adam Brody), the flight attendant puts herself on the standby list just in case her Mr. Wonderful lands on the runway of her heart. Talbert delivers a romantic comedy that speaks to the thirty-something singlelite who’s questioning whether or not it really takes a significant other or Prince Charming to help a woman feel complete.
One of the strongest characters in “Baggage Claim” is the boy next door named William Wright (Derek Luke). William is Montana’s longtime friend, who’s there to pick up the pieces after each one of his best friend’s ‘second takes’ with a former lover crumbles with a reality check. During a one-on-one interview, Luke reveals the secret to a long-lasting relationship like the one of himself and wife, Sophia, of fourteen years.
The big question: does it end with a proposal? While I won’t give the plot away, I can undoubtedly say there are a number of proposals in the film. Whether or not the nuptials actually took place is for you to find out this Friday.
Now ladies, back to Boris’ half-naked body on screen. Oops, moving on. My bad.
I met with the director and a number of cast members at the lavish Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills to talk about their experience in making such a star-filled comedy. As Talbert puts it, “I have the prettiest cast in Hollywood.” With cameo appearances by Jill Scott, LaLa Anthony, Christina Milian, Lauren London, Tia Mowry-Hardrict, Djimon Honsou, Taye Diggs, Jenifer Lewis, Terrence J and Rickey Smiley, the big screen had no shortage of black starpower.
Talbert, who became best known for his stageplays (“What Goes Around Comes Around”, “What My Husband Doesn’t Know”), kept the $8.5 million dollar Fox Searchlight project in the family. His wife, Lyn Talbert, served as Executive Producer of Baggage Claim and held a role in the cast as Mrs. Jackson.
Check out the exclusive video interviews featuring Boris Kodjoe, Paula Patton, Jenifer Lewis, Jill Scott and Adam Brody, Tia Mowry-Hardrict, Derek Luke, Christina Milian, Lauren London, LaLa Anthony and film Director David Talbert. See what Paula Patton says about her husband Robin Thicke that will raise both eyebrows and get the scoop on being a single mom and dating from Hollywood darlings Lauren London and Christina Milian.
Baggage Claim opens in theaters today, Friday, September 27, 2013.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31