On the Tom Joyner Morning Show we like to laugh, but our health is nothing to joke about. It isn’t funny that our audience suffers from many health conditions that could be improved, controlled and even eliminated with proper nutrition, exercise and health care.
We all know that this is true.
But, it’s time to do something about it!
Everyone knows someone who REALLY needs to tend to their health But they are either too scared, lazy or stubborn to make the effort. The Tom Joyner “Take A Loved One to the Doctor Day” campaign encourages us to take time and compassion to help someone we love get the health attention they need.
At the TJMS we’re all about empowering our audience by directing them toward areas that make a positive difference. “Take a Loved One to the Doctor” is a call to action that’s led to early detection of diseases and conditions causing people to change the way they live. It’s gone from one day to a year-round campaign so we can get the message out earlier and push the message longer. Each year we get testimonials of how “Take a Loved One to the Doctor” has raised awareness and in many cases indeed SAVED LIVES.
“Take a Loved One to the Doctor” is a consistent reminder for us to make being in good health a priority. At the end of the day, people are much more likely to go vote, attend PTA meetings, get educated and just get out and do more in the community when they’re feeling good. Nothing we try to accomplish through politics, entertainment, education or anything else matters more than us becoming healthier. Living healthy, active lives has got to become a priority and it all starts with one visit to the doctor.
We know the statistics and now it’s time to lower them. As African-Americans, we have higher rates of diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, obesity, stage 4 cancer. Going to the doctor is the first step, but the follow through is just as important and that includes managing our conditions. Companies like Walmart and Crest reach out to our community and make a difference.
Our friends at Walmart are committed to helping our community live better while keeping costs low. These aren’t just words. Check out some of the information on the website and you will understand why they and Crest Pro-Health are valued partners with “Take A Loved One to the Doctor.”
Be sure to check out the other health information on the website too because we’ve got to start making it a top priority to get regular check-ups every year in the African American community. We have to start taking better care of ourselves and get a jump on the health issues that keep plaguing our people. If you know someone that hasn’t been to the doctor in over a year, I’m asking you to go to their house, go to their job or go to their school – pick them up- make them call the doctor for an appointment and then drive them there.
Of all the promotions we’ve done in the past meant to help black people, this one is truly a lifesaver!
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂