As previously reported by NewsOne, the Dekalb County, Georgia teen, who was 13-years-old at the time, was reportedly babysitting her younger, Sasha Lamaya Ray, and her other siblings when the murder occurred on November 19, 2012.
Jackson called her stepfather (and Sasha’s biological father), Shelton Ray, and said the toddler was missing. Ray rushed home and found his daughter bleeding profusely from multiple stab wounds in the backyard of their home on North Waldrop Trail in Decatur.
“She died in my arms,” Ray said.
Though the teen rejected the plea deal, her mother, Haneefa Ray, is begging a judge to send the case to juvenile court.
“I don’t think she should be tried as an adult and go to adult jail,” said a tearful Haneefa, the mother of both the toddler and the teen.
Jackson provided no motive for her heinous act of violence.
While the teen’s mother asked Wednesday that a judge send the case back to juvenile court, prosecutors offered the chance at serving 10 years of a 20-year sentence if she pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
“I don’t think she should be tried as an adult and go to adult jail,” said a tearful Haneefa Ray, the mother of both the toddler and the teen.
DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory A. Adams said he didn’t believe he had the discretion to send the case back to a juvenile court.
“We believe that reducing the charge from murder to manslaughter is a major concession,” said DeKalb County Assistant District Attorney Darius Pattillo.
Without the deal, Ty’Aisa Jackson could face life if convicted as an adult at trial early next year on murder, aggravated assault, making false statements and first-degree child cruelty charges for the Nov. 19 stabbing death of Sasha Lamaya Ray. (Though Jackson was 13 at the time of her arrest, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is identifying her because she is being tried as an adult.)
On Wednesday afternoon, DeKalb County public defender Melanie Williams declined the reduced charges offer.
“The 20 to serve 10 is not consistent with what my client feels comfortable with, and certainly it isn’t consistent with what the mother and step-father of my client and the parents of the victim would like to see happen today,” Williams told Judge Adams.
During the hearing, Jackson cried as prosecutors describe the wounds she had inflicted on her sister’s chest, stomach and the defensive wounds on her hands.
“She stabbed her seven times,” said DeKalb County Assistant District Attorney Darius Pattillo. “The child suffered. The victim weighed 29 pounds and she fought for her life.”
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Ga. Girl Charged With Stabbing 2-Year-Old Sister To Death Rejects Plea Deal [VIDEO]