As previously reported by NewsOne, the Dekalb County, Georgia teen, who was 13-years-old at the time, was reportedly babysitting her younger, Sasha Lamaya Ray, and her other siblings when the murder occurred on November 19, 2012.
Jackson called her stepfather (and Sasha’s biological father), Shelton Ray, and said the toddler was missing. Ray rushed home and found his daughter bleeding profusely from multiple stab wounds in the backyard of their home on North Waldrop Trail in Decatur.
“She died in my arms,” Ray said.
Though the teen rejected the plea deal, her mother, Haneefa Ray, is begging a judge to send the case to juvenile court.
“I don’t think she should be tried as an adult and go to adult jail,” said a tearful Haneefa, the mother of both the toddler and the teen.
Jackson provided no motive for her heinous act of violence.
While the teen’s mother asked Wednesday that a judge send the case back to juvenile court, prosecutors offered the chance at serving 10 years of a 20-year sentence if she pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
“I don’t think she should be tried as an adult and go to adult jail,” said a tearful Haneefa Ray, the mother of both the toddler and the teen.
DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory A. Adams said he didn’t believe he had the discretion to send the case back to a juvenile court.
“We believe that reducing the charge from murder to manslaughter is a major concession,” said DeKalb County Assistant District Attorney Darius Pattillo.
Without the deal, Ty’Aisa Jackson could face life if convicted as an adult at trial early next year on murder, aggravated assault, making false statements and first-degree child cruelty charges for the Nov. 19 stabbing death of Sasha Lamaya Ray. (Though Jackson was 13 at the time of her arrest, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is identifying her because she is being tried as an adult.)
On Wednesday afternoon, DeKalb County public defender Melanie Williams declined the reduced charges offer.
“The 20 to serve 10 is not consistent with what my client feels comfortable with, and certainly it isn’t consistent with what the mother and step-father of my client and the parents of the victim would like to see happen today,” Williams told Judge Adams.
During the hearing, Jackson cried as prosecutors describe the wounds she had inflicted on her sister’s chest, stomach and the defensive wounds on her hands.
“She stabbed her seven times,” said DeKalb County Assistant District Attorney Darius Pattillo. “The child suffered. The victim weighed 29 pounds and she fought for her life.”
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading Ga. Girl Charged With Stabbing 2-Year-Old Sister To Death Rejects Plea Deal [VIDEO]