Michael Jordan’s daughter Jasmine is officially out of the closet!
The 20-year-old junior at Syracuse University confirmed that the woman in her recent social media posts is indeed her girlfriend.
“Until Love, Trust, Honesty, Repost, Loyalty, Commitment, Genuine, Happiness and other characteristics or aspects I want in a relationship is defined by one gender then and only then will I discuss my sexual preference,” the sports management major wrote on her Instagram account.
According to Media Take Out, Jasmine’s love interest has been identified as former Syracuse basketball guard Carmen Tyson-Thomas. Since the site broke the story, Jasmine’s love life has been receiving a lot of media attention, but the NBA legend’s youngest child said she not “bothered” by the claims.
“MTO has struck again! Lol but just like the last time, I’m chillin and not bothered,” she wrote.”Negativity go to the left and take a seat.”
She added, “No time for that! Everyone have an amazing day!”
We are glad to see such a young lady standing in her truth with confidence and grace. You go, Jasmine!
1. WNBA star Glory Johnson
1 of 16
2. College basketball star Derrick Gordon announced he was gay on Instagram on April 9, 2014.
2 of 16
3. College Football star Michael Sam
3 of 16
4. Former WNBA player Sheryl Swoopes
4 of 16
5. NBA player Jason Collins
5 of 16
6. WNBA player Brittney Griner
6 of 16
7. Former NBA player John Amaechi
7 of 16
8. Legendary Tennis player Billie Jean King
8 of 16
9. Boxer Orlando Cruz
9 of 16
10. Former NFL player Kwame Harris
10 of 16
11. Former Olympic diver Greg Louganis
11 of 16
12. Former MLB outfielder Glenn Burke
12 of 16
13. Former Tennis star Martina Navratalova
13 of 16
14. Former Soccer player Justin Fashanu
14 of 16
15. Esera Tuaolo
15 of 16
16. Megan Rapinoe
16 of 16